Buzzin'

wookman

I am now the proud (not sure if it quite the right word) owner of a Justin Gafford Buzz.

image.png.bc1ff688cbb622de1f4b76eceb59c931.png

After my comment scrounging a go on one Phil sends me a message saying you can have one. Now we all know about Phil's long standing hate/hate relationship with all things orange so guess which one I have. It is distinctive, some might say ugly, but that is in the eye of the beholder. Yep it's ugly. It is driven by function though and to that end it is light and all epp construction. As a VTPR/Ultrabatic plane it should be fun to fly and when I dumb thumb it hopefully it will bounce back for more. So I'm off to copy the Ahi model memory and chuck a receiver in it. 

• Like 1

At least you can watch that and have some idea what the control inputs are. It's the 3D helicopters that do my head in!

Buzz is ready to go. Rx in. Ahi program copied with rates and expo revised to suit. 90% expo was something I didn't expect to ever need but.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Phil.Taylor

Buzzin' !

It finally stopped raining, the sun came out, nice breeze - perfect to try out the Buzz - and - it flies !

Dumpdon hill - local Devon slope - not the worlds greatest slope but good enough to get it in the air & trimmed out. Its a lot of fun - very agile - CofG way back on the aileron hinge line - inverted hands off same as upright. Not much in the way of aerobatics yet, too busy trying to keep it in the air on the edge in rough air, did some great multi-madflips upright & inverted. Looking forward to really getting it going on a good slope.

Really great to get out & enjoy the first evening slope soaring of the year - with an added bonus of a slope covered in bluebells - very picturesque

Phil.

Buzz_1.thumb.jpg.ad9aeac1fb4ff2544c8e3878064b228b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Managed to get out yesterday with the Buzz. What a mad aeroplane! Emence control authority. It just puts a massive grin on your face. Not really close to reaching the edge of the envelope yet but I think it's going to be an interesting journey. 

• Like 1