DLG in Lincolnshire

Riccardo

Riccardo

Hi ! I am a relative newcomer to DLG (18months) and have learnt mainly via YouTube clips and the inevitable 'hard way'.

I started with the humble E_Flite 'Whipit', was hooked, and now have a collection of 1 metre models, including a couple from Neil Harrison at Superfly.

Is there anyone else out there  flying DLG's in the Lincoln area, or within a 20 mile radius because I could do with some advice and guidance on moving forward ?

I may be reasonably competent but unless I can compare notes with someone then I'm not sure which direction to take next.

I have an ideal flying ground on my doorstep here in Lincoln in the form of the West Common; 110 acres of public open space with very few obstructions but would really be interested to meet fellow minded enthusiasts. I've tried a couple of local flying clubs but DLG doesn't seem to appeal judging from the reaction I've had to my enquiries.

antigravitypaddy

There are a couple of us bumbling amateurs down Boston way in a similar position to yourself, making it up as we go along and picking up the pieces afterwards!

We are short of decent flying areas round here as the land is so precious to the farmers there is very little free space. Always looking out for something to help move on.

Steve

Riccardo

Good afternoon Steve,

Well, it's good to know there's someone out there (in this County) with similar interests, and dilemmas.

As I've never actually seen anyone else fly DLG's in real time, apart from me and my flying mate, I would be interested in meeting up sometime to see where we're at in respect of expertise (using the word loosely here).

As mentioned in my original post, we have a first class flying field here in the shape of the West Common and so if wish to come over to Lincoln sometime when the weather's reasonable then give me a call on 07976-903357. Alternately I can come down Boston way if you have a suitable field.

Regards............Richard.

antigravitypaddy

Are you going to the BMFA 'Come and try' DLG taster day at Buckminster on 19/20 June? Not too far from Lincoln. That is the place to get a good low down and some tips. We will be there for sure. I like the idea of flying at the Common as we are very short of decent fields here plus we are rather close to the sea which can kill the air for soaring. Sounds like a good day out!!

Steve

• Like 1

Riccardo

Yes, i have it noted in my diary. Then might see what DLG's are really about (!). I'll let you know nearer the date which day I intend to go and as you have my 'phone number you could possibly give me a call when you're at the site. What 'planes do you fly incidentally ?

antigravitypaddy

Hi Richard,

I will certainly let you know when we are there. 

I've had a few DLGs. I started with a MiMi that I built a couple of versions of that I still fly. I then 'upgraded' to a 1.5m balsa DLG model from Hobbyking, I can't remember what it was called but it was not very good and is now used for sloping only. I now use a 1m Hawk that is now looking a rather battle scarred. I am currently working on building a Supergee clone for this year. Me and my buddy Martin will be taking a couple of Vladimir's Elfs (Elves?) to Buckminster.

See you there

Steve

Hi Guys

How about a trip over to Buckminster (BMFA) this weekend. The F3K comp’ is on Sunday, but some will be camping there Saturday too. A good chance to watch and learn from some of the best in the UK! (Possibly)

We’re a friendly bunch and very willing to share knowledge.

Maybe see you there.

Neil P

• Like 1

antigravitypaddy

Love to, but I’m away up north this weekend for a week (Woo! Hoo!) which renders me unavailable. Shame.

Steve

Neil Harrison

We are finalising the details for the 'come try it' event at Buckminster for the weekend of 19th and 20th June, we hope to see you guys there...?