Orange TX6i Setup - Advice

Julian

Hi, I currently have an Orange Tx61 radio and R610v2 receiver. I am having difficulty in getting my head around the mode 2 set up; throttle on left and rudder, elevator on right for my electric Elf.  Specifically, the system setup on the Tx and the expected channels on the receiver doesn’t align and although I have got things to work it has been by luck than design and concerned it might all end in tears. It’s probably straight forward but it’s eluding me so any help and assistance would be most welcome as would typical settings for electric Elf would be appreciated.   Best regards Julian 

Phil.Taylor

The classic way to do rudder/elevator on mode 2 is to plug the rudder servo into the rudder channel on the Rx & mix 100% aileron to rudder on the Tx.

Phil.

mikef

Can you not just plug the rudder servo into the Aileron output on the receiver?

Make sure 'differential' is set to zero!

Julian

I guess so but the issue is the ‘mapping’ of the channels on the transmitter and the plugging if the servos into the Rx appears random. Although the on the receiver Throttle is chan 1, aileron chan2 and elevator chan 3.  Mode 2 on Tx has throttle on left stick Chan 3; right stick aileron- chan 1 and elevator- chan 2.    

Phil.Taylor

Does the Tx have a "monitor" screen? - where you can see the movements on all the channels as you move the sticks (many Txs have this) - then you can see exactly which channels are assigned to which sticks - and which way they all move

Phil.

DaveH

If the Tx has had its mode changed by simply swapping little mechanical parts that give the spring return or ratchet function on each stick, then the channel output will look strange, keeping the old mapping. So what was  T A E R, will now be E A T R.       There "should" be some menu option in the Tx to tell it what mode the sticks have been set to.      

A quick search and download of the manual,  (click here for link)  shows that the "Sticks mode" can be changed......   I suspect that this step has been missed.  

Selecting the right Sticks mode should correct the channel output order.  

• 3 weeks later...
Julian

Okay thanks for that I’ve managed to work stuff i think through process of elimination.  Just other question what’s the difference between the international version vs EU version?

FrankS

The International models transmission is based on USA FCC 2.4 GHz regulations and the EU version the EU regulations. In the EU DSM2 is now illegal for new equipment and all systems must hop over multiple frequencies (DSMx) and the power limits are determined by whether the transmitter listens before transmissions or just transmits. The UK follows the EU regulations.