Can anyone shed light

jay bee

My Freestyler 4 was copied on a Jeti transmitter to like for like for another FS4 and now all 

the throws/programming are opposite bar the elevator servos.

The original FS4 has MKS servos and the new FS4 has Kingmax servos(wing/elevator).

Is this an original program setting error ie servos plugged in wrong on the receiver ish or

an internal servo programming.

No big deal as l have changed the wing throws and reversed plus for minus etc.

Any ideas what the reverse change is?

There is no standard for servo rotation direction as far as I know, so it will be down to the different servos

• Thanks 1

Many thanks f3fman,servos are very good just thought it was an error in the way inputted my mixes etc

Phil.Taylor
53 minutes ago, f3fman said:

There is no standard for servo rotation direction as far as I know, so it will be down to the different servos

Yep - Hitec & futaba servos definitely go in different directions - found out the hard way.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Phil,as John said,no standard.Must admit l did have a lot of fun redialing things

and trying to remember how it was done in the first place:)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, satinet said:

Might have been quicker to reverse the servos in the servo menu

Thanks Tom,may well do that next time

Make sure they go the right way in all flight phase. There are experienced flyers out there who have fallen foul of that one!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wookman said:

Make sure they go the right way in all flight phase. There are experienced flyers out there who have fallen foul of that one!

Cheers Graham

I can't see the logic of changing the pluses to minuses when each servo can just be (un)reversed. I don't think I've ever had a radio that doesn't have this feature and certainly not a Jeti £££.

As stated above if it's a full f3f setup with flight modes it's likely that some or all of the aileron and flap settings are different in each flight mode including the camber and reflex etc.

In my view you are better off having it so that plus and minus are always either up it down if possible. E.g minus is up. Makes doing setting changes easier. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, satinet said:

...... when each servo can just be (un)reversed. I don't think I've ever had a radio that doesn't have this feature .....

I had several, including my first 4 channel proportional set - 50 years ago....  I must be very old!

• Haha 1

Phil.Taylor
10 hours ago, wookman said:

Back when servo reversing involved resoldering feedback pots and motors!

Happy memories...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mikef said:

I had several, including my first 4 channel proportional set - 50 years ago....  I must be very old!

Twere all green fields back then :)

• Like 2