DLG 'Come Try It' Event 19th-20th June

Neil Harrison

Neil Harrison

'Come try it' event at BMFA National Flying Centre, Buckminster for the weekend of 19th and 20th June.

We will be covering a very wide range of topics and giving 1-2-1 sessions, there will be an element of theory and practical sessions covering the following topics.

• Air Reading 
  • Understanding Your Model Behavior
  • Launching
  • Model Set Up
  • Flying With Ballast
  • DLG Building Q&A
  • F3K Tasks
  • Flying Your First Competition
  • Competition Strategy

If you own a DLG or you are thinking about buying one or just interested to improve your understanding on this subject then this event is absolutely for you....

There will be a few DLG models available to use for those that need one.

EVENT INFO

• Friday 18th June - Evening Fun & Sports Flying
  • Saturday 19th June - Come Try It Event
  • Saturday Evening BBQ
  • Sunday 20th June - F3K League 3 Competition Event
  • Onsite Camping Available 

For the Sunday competition entry please enter via F3X Vault, link below.....

https://f3xvault.com/?action=event&function=event_view&event_id=2086

For the 'Come Try It' event please reply to this thread and your name will be added to the list.

1. Mark Evans?
  2. Andy Soars
  3. Doug Arnold
  4. Martin
  5. Riccardo
  6. Riccardo +1
  7. Steve
  8. Steve +1
  9. Oliver

We plan to have a BBQ on the Saturday evening, please bring your own food and drinks for this.

Camping will be charged at £10 per night per person, come try it event will be charged at £10 per person, Competition entry will be £10 per person, we can take either cash or card on the day.

Any questions before the event please ask on here or send me a PM....

• Like 6

Mark Evans

Aiming to attend at least the Saturday and flying the comp on the Sunday is a maybe.

I ended up with a light layup plane to get back into flying which will be interesting, might be completely useless for most normal conditions so will be interesting to see how it flies. 

• Like 2

With it being father's Day weekend I already have family commitments.  Apologies but not able to attend.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm either travelling up Friday evening or Saturday morning, not decided yet, but I'll be there both days.

• Like 2

I plan to be there both days.  

I'll also be involved in the similar F3/5-RES event that is sharing the field.

• Like 2

LotusMartin

Quite new to DLG and really interesting in attending this as it seems much more suitable for beginners. 

Might be a big ask.... but is anyone travelling up from Devon/Cornwall/South Somerset who might be able to share the journey/fuel/give me a lift?  Hopefully Fri/Sat & Sun.

Martin

• Like 1

20 hours ago, thechalster said:

Happy to do a quick talk on thermal finding sunglasses and how to use them.

Couldn't find them on Amazon or Aliexpress......were these a Lidl/ Aldi special? 🙊

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Feefo said:

Couldn't find them on Amazon or Aliexpress......were these a Lidl/ Aldi special? 🙊

Probably Lidl.  Lidl sometimes do 5s 1.3Ah lipos on their special days.  (Branded Ying-Tong - easy to split into single cells).  Must be a model flyer in the organisation.

As a relative (self-taught) novice I'd like to attend the event on Saturday, and also to bring along a friend who's interested in trying DLG.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, LotusMartin said:

Might be a big ask.... but is anyone travelling up from Devon/Cornwall/South Somerset who might be able to share the journey/fuel/give me a lift?  Hopefully Fri/Sat & Sun.

Martin,

I think Mark mentioned my name in the RCGroups thread you started.

I'm in Frome, so a bit further North than ideal but I will be heading up on Friday afternoon or after work. I'll PM you with my number.

• Like 2

LotusMartin
2 hours ago, PaulR said:

Martin,

I think Mark mentioned my name in the RCGroups thread you started.

I'm in Frome, so a bit further North than ideal but I will be heading up on Friday afternoon or after work. I'll PM you with my number.

Thanks Paul - replied to your message. I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and drive up.

• Like 1