DLG 'Come Try It' Event 19th-20th June

Neil Harrison

Neil Harrison

I have now updated the top post with details for the event...this incudes the F3X Vault link for pilot registration to enter the competition on the Sunday.

• Like 1

Neil Harrison

We will close competition entries on the evening of Saturday which will enable those who have taken part in the 'come try DLG' event to enter should they wish to.

😉

• Like 1

So it looks like I’m not loved and my aren’t doing anything so I’ve been given a pass to do 1 of the days, but which one ????

how much actual flying will be happening on Saturday ? 

david

• Like 1

Old School

I would like to attend the Saturday, I have had a 40 year layoff but back to flying again very much a novice.

Oliver 

16 hours ago, Dave H said:

….. how much actual flying will be happening on Saturday ?  …..

I'm only there to help but I think it will depend on the weather.  If it's good - not too windy or raining - we will spend more time out flying.  If it's wet or windy - expect to be indoors!

• Like 1

If you require any particular aspect of building/repairing/assembly demonstrating, please ask here so we can have the appropriate stuff to hand.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dave H said:

how much actual flying will be happening on Saturday ? 

david

I would say that is very up to the individual. The day is to provide help to those new to dlg or needing help. So enjoy the day and make sure you get what you need out of it. 

30 minutes ago, Dave H said:

Thanks Mike, I wasn’t sure on the details of the day, how formally or not things were going to be arranged

😎

We have a vague plan but that will change depending on weather, what the "audience" wants etc.

From the conversations I've had with Neil, we'll aim to have outdoor sessions on the topics mentioned in the top post. Doing this on the field will allow practical demonstrations as and when that makes sense. If others want to break off into smaller groups and go and do some specific practice with a willing "expert" then I imagine that will be possible too. The planned aspect of the talks/discussions will not fill the day so plenty of time for flying in between.

I think the choice between Saturday and Sunday boils down to do you want to fly a competition or not.

Sunday will be the comp and I'd like to think that we'd encourage some more first timers who had been there on Saturday to stay and join in on Sunday too.

All weather dependent of course (as usual).

• Like 1

Seeing the current forecast for Saturday I won’t be making the trip over unless it changes. 

terryspence

Hi All,

I plan to arrive on Friday afternoon if all goes to plan. I will also be involved with F3RES so I'm hoping the sessions can be arranged so there not too much of a clash. Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

LotusMartin

I think i’m going to pass on this event due to the weather Neil,  Friday pm looks like rain and Sunday = thunderstorms at the moment. Although I’d still like to attend Saturday (which is looking nice if not a bit windy) it’s too far to travel for just the one day. 

Fingers crossed for those going that the forecast is wrong!

Neil Harrison

So for all attending this weekend.....

The weather this weekend is still very changeable, Saturday for sure looks the best day.  We fly in windy conditions and this is great practice and the perfect place to learn how to fly safely, the maximum windspeed we would fly a competition is 8 m/s or 18 mph, we are covering the topic of flying with ballast so we can effectively demonstrate the benefits.

We aim to kick everything off at about 10.00am, if you're running late just let us know.

For the competition on Sunday, same as always, 9.45 pilots briefing and kick off at 10.00am, please make sure you print off blank score cards to bring with you.

I am not sure if everyone competing on the Sunday are staying overnight, we will make a call on the Sunday competition no later than 6pm on the Saturday evening. 

Blank Score Cards.pdf

• Like 1

Hi Neil,

Sad that the weather looks wet for today and Sunday. Not going the be camping because of the prospect of packing away a wet tent, especially in the rain too!

Hopefully, Saturday will attract enough to make it worthwhile for the guys from Lincolnshire etc. I’ll still be there for the Saturday.

Neil P

• Like 1