12Volt Battery, for charging at the field

EssexBOF

I get mine from the local scrap yard :) The smaller ones off some Japanese cars are ideal. I have to go and see Glenn and Ross this week, I'll see if they have any good ones available.

I have one of these for charging at home (and power laptop when I run contests) but I currently use a 3300mAh 3S LiPo to power my charger for flight battery charging on the field

• Like 1

After using a bunch of 3000mAh 3s batteries to charge my small LiPo's at the field.  The discharging to storage levels and charging just before use became a task too many.  

Now I use a small 30Ah Yuasa lawnmower lead-acid battery. It cost around £32 and is light enough to carry without strain.  Being Lead-acid, it can be left fully charged for the next use, so the charge maintenance is not an issue.  

EDIT:  this sort of thing....   

Just noticed that the price of the Yuasa has increased. 

• Like 2

try the component shop ,they do a range of 12v batteries at  reasonable costs

I use the 9ah type that is good for a days flying provided you are only topping up .

They were on sale at £10  ,but now £16

6 hours ago, DaveH said:

After using a bunch of 3000mAh 3s batteries to charge my small LiPo's at the field.  The discharging to storage levels and charging just before use became a task too many.  

Now I use a small 30Ah Yuasa lawnmower lead-acid battery. It cost around £32 and is light enough to carry without strain.  Being Lead-acid, it can be left fully charged for the next use, so the charge maintenance is not an issue.  

EDIT:  this sort of thing....   

Just noticed that the price of the Yuasa has increased. 

Yuasa is premium brand. When I bought them for my f3b winchrs they were about 90 quid and that was a few years ago 

Got sick of the acid leaks and went to Optima AGM. Less said about the cost of them the better