BMFA F5J League 2021 FINAL RESULTS

PeteMitchell

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

This year’s league is now complete and all the results are shown in pdf files posted here.

In addition to the usual ‘National’ league I have posted individual results for each area.

Also just for fun, I ran a separate result for our 3 major 2day events (included in the league) which could have counted as Team Trials. Through the wonders of Gliderscore, each of the separate 1 day results of these 2 day events are merged into  single comps and scored with only 1 round dropped as required by the TT selection rules.

A difficult year for all and we must thank our brave CD’s for their time and the efforts they all put in for us. Without them, none of the following would have happened.

A total of 23 individual 1 day competitions were held.

80 pilots entered and 77 flew at least 1 round.

Northern League ran 8 competitions and 19 pilots entered.

Midland League ran 4 competitions and 19 pilots entered.

Southern League ran 4 competitions and 40 pilots entered.

Eastern League ran 1 competition and 13 pilots entered.

3 ‘National’ competitions each of 2 days were run. A total of 44 pilots entered.

Looking forward to next year already😃

League2021.pdf Midland F5J 2021.pdf East F5J 2021.pdf North F5J 2021.pdf TT.pdf

SouthF5J2021.pdf

• Like 3

• PeteMitchell pinned and featured this topic
  • Committee Member

The number of F5J league events now make it very difficult to present the results in a readable format.

The above is the best I can do with screengrabs and jpg etc. 

Is there a better method?

Pete they are very easily read by me and no I don't know of a better method. I prefer jpg's to pdf's and exporting to excel is as good.

Thanks for the work you do.

• Committee Member

I have just added a  download pdf to the results post.

This should be easier on the eye.🤪

• Thanks 1

• PeteMitchell changed the title to BMFA F5J League 2021 FINAL RESULTS
  • Committee Member

Every thing you wanted to know about your results this year now in the first post.

It's been a really enjoyable year for me, my thanks to all the organisers who have put so much effort into running competitions and data collection. 

BTW, I find the PDFs perfectly readable. 

Simon

• Committee Member

Hi G

The Kent comps this year were run as usual for the Kent Cup, but this time run to F5J rules.

This league is open to all the various clubs members who can enter at no cost. 

To be a BMFA League event there must be minimum 8 pilots paying the full entry fee and as this seemed to be unlikely the comps were run as club events only.

The old 'Bartletts League' comps were run as full BMFA league events, every entry paid the full entry fee so that the comps could qualify for the National league.

Who knows next year could be different, but no idea about that as I am not a Kent club member.The future at Bartletts is not entirely certain due to the limitations of the field  etc Hopefully we can work something out for next year.

seems odd that the kent guys will pay full entry fee for other southern events but not their own ???

perhaps some do not realise where the £10 pound goes 

Tonbridge   for instance 

1/3 to the club to pay for  the field currently (£1000 per annum)

1/3 for prizes 

1/3 so we have the best up to date  equipment to run competitions  with minimum problems for the CD  .

The sftc /bmfa  no longer ask for TT donations .

G

• Like 1

• Austin unpinned this topic