Kent Interclub Glider 3 Multi-launch competition 18 July

Nicholls

Nicholls
Posted (edited)

Kent Interclub Glider 3 Multi-launch competition 18 July

The competition is on.

Scoring arrangements.

Everyone's scores will need to be inputted by phone AND recorded on paper (on your score record, to be left at the control tent at the end of the competition, after your last flown round.)

Phone

To get to the page to input your scores has been sent by email to you. If it's not in your Inbox check your Junk folder, 

(Good idea to go to your page in advance and bookmark it. Or you can scan the QR code on your score record if preferred. Any hassles, just ask. No problem for someone else to input your score for you if necessary. Feel free to try it out in advance - scores will be reset to zero before the comp.)

Score record

I'll bring along the printed score record sheets for everyone tomorrow - no need to print yours out (but attached in case anyone wants to). Must be filled in by the pilot, please, and left at the control tent at the end of the competition.

Enjoy your day flying.

Important Covid Advice:

Do not attend this competition if you are showing any Covid symptoms or have experienced them in the last 14 days.   The most important symptoms of Covid are the recent onset of the following:   A new continuous cough,  a high temperature,  a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or small.

Competition will be paperless using Gliderscore smart phone app.  

Bring gloves and sanitiser to the event in case gates need to be opened/shut.  Do not touch landing tapes, use feet to move tapes relative to front of model after landing.  Strictly observe the 2m distancing rule.  Ensure you follow latest Gov.uk guidelines in respect to washing hands, touching face and hand hygiene.

For and on behalf of Bob Hope CD

Summary:                                                                                                                       

· You are invited to Kent Interclub Glider 3 Multi-launch competition to be held 18 July 2020, CD on the day is Bob Hope (GliderScore Ian Nicholls). This is an open competition and non-Kent Interclub club members are very welcome (entry fee £5).

· We want to have a full day's flying so please check in 09:30 latest and be ready for Pilots Briefing at 09:45 with the competition starting at 10:00 sharp.

· To enter, please click on Reply to this topic no later than 6pm Friday 16 July with model class, and frequency if not 2.4 (Glider, Electric, Open, 100" etc) so a matrix can be set up.   

· A final decision to confirm or cancel depending on the weather will be posted here by 6pm Friday 16 July. (Please note that entrants need to check here and will not be emailed about cancellation.)

· Tonbridge club field is at Leigh Park Farm. The postcode is TN11 8PN.

Additional Info:

· The rules are a variant of BARCS Multi-launch but, for Electric launch gliders, the variant is slightly different from last year. As before, Electric launch gliders must be fitted with an AMRT (height limiter) which cuts the motor at 30 secs and records the launch height. Electric launch height remains at 175m but there will now be a penalty of 3 pts per metre for Electric launches exceeding it. Most pilots will want to set AMRTs to cut a little below 175m. It is fine instead to use F5J firmware and cut the motor manually.

· A minimum of 4 rounds and a maximum of 6 rounds will be flown Disciplines:

· Glider, Electric, Open, 100"

ENTRANTS

Bloobirds

Ian Nicholls Winch

Greg Hayfield Winch

Iain Stingemore Winch

Mike Connell Electric

Bromley

Alan Twine Electric

Bob Ryan Electric

Pete Mitchell Electric

Canterbury

Eddy Small Electric

SADMAC

John Postle Electric

Alan Harris Electric

Terry Letchford Electric

Brian Martin 100" Electric

Invicta

Richard Harris Electric

Keith Fisher Electric

Rob Love Electric

Tonbridge

Graham Wicks Electric

Bob Hope Electric

Colin Paddon Electric

Derek Potter Electric

Guests

Garry Matthews Electric

Brian Austin Electric

Steve Knowles Electric

Edited by Nicholls
Final instructiions

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

Please add me to the list Ian

Electric Open

Pete

Hi Ian,

please add me to you list, open electric.

Thanks

Garry Matthews

Alan H

Hi Ian.

Please include me. Open on 2.4

Thanks Alan Harris

alstorm1538

Please enter

Alan Twine. Open electric

Bob Ryan.  Open electric

EssexBOF

Having managed to change a delivery scheduled for Sunday, please enter me, flying Electric

Brian

BARCS 230

BMFA 057851

Loppy19

Please can you add me too.

Electric Open

Derek Potter

I am a Tonbrdge member.

BMFA 150549

BARCS 3846

Operator ID GBR-OP-DQP4SKJDJD5N

Nicholls

Derek,

Welcome to what I believe is your first Interclub event!

Nicholls

Reminder entry will close at 6pm tonight.

For Kent Interclub Reps/Members please ensure you allocated to the correct Team before this.

As can be seen from the weather forecast the competition will go ahead.

steve knowles

Ian, sorry its late in the day but please can you add me to the entry.

Electric open 

BARCS 608

BMFA 77066

Thanks 

Steve

Nicholls

You’re in luck! 

• Like 1

Nicholls

The competition is on.

Scoring arrangements.

Everyone's scores will need to be inputted by phone AND recorded on paper (on your score record, to be left at the control tent at the end of the competition, after your last flown round.)

Phone

To get to the page to input your scores has been sent by email to you. If it's not in your Inbox check your Junk folder, 

(Good idea to go to your page in advance and bookmark it. Or you can scan the QR code on your score record if preferred. Any hassles, just ask. No problem for someone else to input your score for you if necessary. Feel free to try it out in advance - scores will be reset to zero before the comp.)

Score record

I'll bring along the printed score record sheets for everyone tomorrow - no need to print yours out (but attached in case anyone wants to). Must be filled in by the pilot, please, and left at the control tent at the end of the competition.

Enjoy your day flying.

Important Covid Advice:

Do not attend this competition if you are showing any Covid symptoms or have experienced them in the last 14 days.   The most important symptoms of Covid are the recent onset of the following:   A new continuous cough,  a high temperature,  a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or small.

Competition will be paperless using Gliderscore smart phone app.  

Bring gloves and sanitiser to the event in case gates need to be opened/shut.  Do not touch landing tapes, use feet to move tapes relative to front of model after landing.  Strictly observe the 2m distancing rule.  Ensure you follow latest Gov.uk guidelines in respect to washing hands, touching face and hand hygiene.

For and on behalf of Bob Hope CD

Ian

Nicholls
Posted (edited)

Results (before I finish my beer having just arrived home) Report to follow but Bob Ryan score was corrected from those available at presentation.

Congratulations to the worthy winner Greg Hayfield flying his winch launched Stork in near calm conditions

2nd Graham Wicks 3rd Colin Paddon

Alan Harris flying his very old balsa 130 inch Eliminator with spoilers/pop up airbrakes had the highest landing scores.

More later but please add your own comments as I'm sure Mike Connell  will add some photos.

Great very hot day finished by voting consent after 5 rounds due to near heat exhaustion by some.

Overall Results Glider 3 P1.jpg

Overall Results Glider 3 P2.jpg

Landing Results Glider 3.jpg

Glider 3 Team Results.jpg

Edited by Nicholls
Added Kent Interclub Team Results
  • Like 1