DLG 'Come Try It' Event 24th-25th July

Neil Harrison

Neil Harrison

Come try it' event at BMFA National Flying Centre, Buckminster for the weekend of 24th and 25th July.

Following the success of the last event in June we are running another 'Come try DLG' event, we will be keeping the same format for all those that could not attend the previous weekend and also a refresher for those that did attend. 

We will be covering a very wide range of topics and giving 1-2-1 sessions, there will be an element of theory and practical sessions covering the following topics.

• Air Reading 
  • Understanding Your Model Behaviour
  • Launching
  • Model Set Up
  • Flying With Ballast
  • DLG Building Q&A
  • F3K Tasks
  • Flying Your First Competition
  • Competition Strategy

If you own a DLG or you are thinking about buying one or just interested to improve your understanding on this subject then this event is absolutely for you....

There will be a few DLG models available to use for those that need one.

EVENT INFO

Friday 23rd July - Evening Fun & Sports Flying

Saturday 24th July - Come Try It Event

Saturday Evening BBQ

Sunday 25th July - F3K League 3 Competition Event

Onsite Camping Available 

For the Sunday competition entry please enter via F3X Vault, link below, payment on the weekend.

https://f3xvault.com/?action=event&function=event_view&event_id=2115

For the 'Come Try It' event please reply to this thread and your name will be added to the list.

1. Andy Soars
  2. Brenton
  3. Mike Stevenson
  4. Riccardo 

We plan to have a BBQ on the Saturday evening, please bring your own food and drinks for this.

Camping will be charged at £10 per night per person, come try it event will be charged at £10 per person, Competition entry will be £10 per person, we can take either cash or card on the day.

Any questions before the event please ask on here or send me a PM....

• Like 1

Didn't think I was going to be able to make this one, but looks like it might be possible now. I'll have to wait a little longer to confirm, but hopeful...

• Like 1

Neil Harrison

Date corrected in F3X Vault for the competition Sunday 25th July, as before we will close entries at 6pm latest on the Saturday to see if any pilots from the 'Come Try DLG' event  would like to enter.

We are planning on having a BBQ and fun social evening on the Saturday, the guys from F3/5RES will be joining us also, as before please bring your own food and drink.

The Stern Brothers will hopefully bring table tennis again so if anyone has anything else game wise they could bring that would be good.

• Like 1

I shall be there on the Saturday. Attended the one held about a month ago and can strongly recommend it to any novice flyers or people thinking of trying DLG's. A lot of the mysteries were explained, and the experienced flyers were very approachable and patient in explaining ways to improve your flight times. ......... Richard.

• Like 2

Hope to be there from the Friday on. Got a campervan (sort of!) now, so no excuse 🤪

Neil P

P.S. Anyone want a 4 berth air tent in VGC ?

Will do John, need to pitch it for photos, but too hot today!

It’s the one I used earlier this year, and the previous SF Nat’s

Neil Harrison

Only 1 pilot so far entered for the comp this Sunday and that's me lol

Come on guys get your names down.

Long range forecast looks good.

Screenshot_20210719-134343_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'd like to come, but am not 100% I can make it. Thinking of taking the bicycle and my camping gear, and training it up there. Does anyone know what is the nearest train station?

9 minutes ago, MikevE said:

I'd like to come, but am not 100% I can make it. Thinking of taking the bicycle and my camping gear, and training it up there. Does anyone know what is the nearest train station?

Melton Mowbray.  About 8.5miles away from site.

• Thanks 1