DLG 'Come Try It' Event 24th-25th July

Neil Harrison

You would be coming to the place with the most people who could help you.  

Have you managed to put Paul's setup on it?  Paul will be there.  

Are left or right handed? Sorry, can't remember.  If right, have you fitted a sprung switch for launch on the left top of the TX?

Neil Harrison

Currently only 7 entries for Sunday which makes it a non qualifying event.....

We need 8 pilots minimum..

The forecast keeps improving so come on guys an register....

Neil's right - forecast is certainly looking better than it was...

I'm planning to come up Saturday morning rather than Friday but I will be there for the weekend. Aiming to be there for 10am.

• Like 1

Looks like Paul C has made up the 8 on Sunday!

Would still be good to get others on the list in case anyone has to drop out though, so if you're sitting on the fence then get your name down!

• Like 1

Sorry all, I would have been down but it’s swmbo’s birthday …

on the plus side ?… I’ll be with you tomorrow 😀

Ok our plans changed by a day, if I'm not too late please put me down for tomorrow. Will check back later tonight.  Thanks.

48 minutes ago, cirrusRC said:

Ok our plans changed by a day, if I'm not too late please put me down for tomorrow. Will check back later tonight.  Thanks.

Excellent. With Mike C that makes 11. Anyone else want to make it an even number!?

7 minutes ago, PaulR said:

Excellent. With Mike C that makes 11. Anyone else want to make it an even number!?

Apparently Manny is making it 12!

Neil Harrison

Hi David

Yes you are in, and with 12 entries and much improved conditions we have a great event lined up for tomorrow.

As usual, pilots briefing at 9.45 for a 10.00am start.

See you all in the morning.....

• Thanks 1

blancmatter

Great. It'll be an early start for me! 6am I think. I should probably be in bed and not drinking beer!

• Haha 1

Thanks Neil for organising Saturday and for the evening entertainment!  And thanks both Neil and PaulR for running the comp on Sunday. 
Well done PaulC, great performance, you were untouchable all day!  Great to see Doug and Manny joining us for a second time as well, hope to see you again. Now, if only I can score some points in one flight only....

• Like 2

was a great day - glad I made the journey,  conditions stayed pretty static through out.      Well done Paul,    super consistent flying.      The rest of us swapped positions through out the day,  1 poor round really hurts.        Paul to confirm final results I guess.

Thanks Neil / Paul for organising and BMFA hosting.   

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

Neil Harrison

Thank you all for a good day yesterday...

A big thanks to all those that helped out at the come try event on the Saturday, a great day and amazing fun evening!

I have now reconciled all scores and found that there were only 2 anomalies...

Simon B, Round 2, Group A, 1,2,3,4 any order.

1.27.6 was used against the 3min and 1.32.2 against the 4min....I have changed this to reflect the higher time acheived as 1.39.5 had not been recorded.

20210726_140628.thumb.jpg.a372e195e3f92c6336fafef1285b9e63.jpg

Neil H, Round 7, Group A, 3 x 3.20min

Actual time acheived on second flight 3.21.6 but recorded as 2.21.6.

20210726_140653.thumb.jpg.11895b4657f326a57594e901bae36011.jpg

Also can we all make sure that the score cards are completed properly as it makes checking the scores a lot easier....here's a great example....I figured it out but please make more of an effort? Thanks!

20210726_134953.thumb.jpg.ffd47e5ccda8d83dc9d98149435c0d07.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to Neil and colleagues for the wisdom and advice dispensed at Saturday's "come and try" event. More things learnt, more things to practice ............  Richard.

• Like 2

Totally agree Richard. I thoroughly enjoyed my first taster and have plenty to work on. Hope to stay for a comp soon... Thanks Neil, Mike and all for making Saturday happen. Thanks for generously sharing your time and energy and experience.  Brenton

• Like 2