BMFA F3F League 3 Hole of Horcum 25th July

mtreble

Thanks for the updated results Jon, I'm marginally less depressed now than I was leaving the slope having gained 3 places! The Magpie fish & chips with Mike McCracken was good though.

Congratulations to Mark R for an utterley dominant performance and to Rich and Mike for the podium!

I had a bit of a melt down with 4 cuts and an 'unplanned landing' rounds 2-6 but managed a few decent rounds at the end. A good learning experience...

• Like 1

What are those final numbers then? Is there any sync with f3vault? Would this system be able to show round by round while we do the comp?

Have you got your 'Macro' security set too high?
On my version of Excel, click Tools/Macro/Security and select 'Medium'

When you open the spreadsheet it will then ask if you want to allow macros, say yes
and all tabs should be visible

Hooray! Still last!

There seem to be some who haven’t heard the story of ‘Treble’s Bottom’, so I will explain. The last EPP League race to be held in Britain was my first (not counting the one where the whole thing was washed out except for the first race in the first round. I won that one!). I flew an Odyssey, which, unlike the wind conditions, wasn’t very light. The competition was held on the NW slope at Horcum, a few 100 yds further along from where we were flying yesterday. There was no pilot that day who didn’t wind up at the bottom of the hill in at least one flight. I, however, was the only one to end every flight down there. 

Rich Bago was so impressed by this feat that he modified Google Maps by labelling the area at the bottom of the slope Treble’s Bottom. I don’t know if the label is still there or not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Aleix said:

Is there any sync with f3vault?

There is an export option for f3xvault in the timing software

3 hours ago, Aleix said:

Would this system be able to show round by round while we do the comp?

There is also an option to export files for F3F.gear

The problem with broadcasting results during a race is that it consumes power on the tablet and can drain the battery completely.

2 hours ago, Jon_E said:

Have you got your 'Macro' security set too high?
On my version of Excel, click Tools/Macro/Security and select 'Medium'

Thank you Jon but my problem is with LibreOffice on a Mac.

1 hour ago, mtreble said:

The problem with broadcasting results during a race is that it consumes power on the tablet and can drain the battery completely.

You might want to give this a try Mark - we use it for GPS triangle for all day tablet use, with a standard USB powerpack (10,000mA/h to 20,000mA/h).  It allows a tablet to connect to a pack in parallel with whatever else you connect to USB on the tablet.  However, it only charges with the switch in one position, so you would need to check if it will work in your application:

https://www.esoaringgadgets.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_139&products_id=811

Simon

2 hours ago, simon_t said:

You might want to give this a try Mark - we use it for GPS triangle for all day tablet use, with a standard USB powerpack (10,000mA/h to 20,000mA/h).  It allows a tablet to connect to a pack in parallel with whatever else you connect to USB on the tablet.  However, it only charges with the switch in one position, so you would need to check if it will work in your application:

https://www.esoaringgadgets.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_139&products_id=811

Simon

Thanks Simon, but that's not really the issue. We use Bluetooth for comms and the usb port is dedicated to charging from a LiPo.

The tablet that Graeme Mahoney has seems to hold it's charge really well, but others not. It's a case of investing in the right tablet I think.

2 hours ago, Redbird said:

Thank you Jon but my problem is with LibreOffice on a Mac.

Look at it in Numbers - it works fine.

Just want to say thanks to Mark, John and Rich for a great day's competition. Def worth the journey up (after some last minute agonising given the forecast of Northerlies).

And of course congrats to Mark R for a very convincing win.

Here are a few words, with a link to the photos:

https://rc-soar.com/gallery/2021/bmfa_l3/index.php

Below is a round by round progress chart. Roll on the next comp!

l3_progress.png

• Like 10