Surviving Lundy ... (suggestions for an extension)

chiloschista

16 minutes ago, chiloschista said:

For The Crest is it good to park at first left hairpin after Llynfi Afan Wind Farm going down?

we would normally park before there on the side of the road by the gateway on the left 

image.png.9861494fba78e2fa15c0211e6aa852f8.png

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, chiloschista said:

Ok, main goal of all holidays reached!

20210918_180727.jpg

Ric you travelled all the way from Ticino, Switzerland just to enjoy good Welsh/Italian ice cream oops “gelato” lol.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Scuba Steve said:

Ric you travelled all the way from Ticino, Switzerland just to enjoy good Welsh/Italian ice cream oops “gelato” lol.

Well Steve, you know: badges are important. Unfortunately the Rhossili one, the Swiss roll at Premier store, wasn't available, so I swapped it with a similar one.

20210914_135209.jpg

• Haha 1

I hope you have been able to get some good flying in between sampling all the culinary delights that the UK is rightly famed for. Italian ice cream and danish pastries etc, etc....

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, wookman said:

I hope you have been able to get some good flying in between sampling all the culinary delights that the UK is rightly famed for. Italian ice cream and danish pastries etc, etc....

Unfortunately flying was a bit lacking. Just had few nice sessions, one on Lundy, one on Rhossili and one on back of the wrecker. Today and tomorrow should be good to have another couple.

But most important I met several pilots I knew in my past travels to UK and had a great time with lot of nice people and skilled pilots.

Oh, and tons of pictures and videos...

• Like 6

2 hours ago, chiloschista said:

Unfortunately flying was a bit lacking. Just had few nice sessions, one on Lundy, one on Rhossili and one on back of the wrecker. Today and tomorrow should be good to have another couple.

But most important I met several pilots I knew in my past travels to UK and had a great time with lot of nice people and skilled pilots.

Oh, and tons of pictures and videos...

And now become an alcoholic LOL 

Was great to meet you Ric 🍻🍺🍻😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Les said:

And now become an alcoholic LOL 

Was great to meet you Ric 🍻🍺🍻😁

Oh no, effectively I drunk more beer this two weeks than in the past five years 😬

Was great to meet you too, Les!

Still in the UK, but already looking forward for next trip 🤭

• Like 3

On 20/09/2021 at 10:41, chiloschista said:

Oh no, effectively I drunk more beer this two weeks than in the past five years 😬

Was great to meet you too, Les!

Still in the UK, but already looking forward for next trip 🤭

Hopefully Rick meet up next year in Ticino, when visiting friends there in Bellinzona.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scuba Steve said:

Hopefully Rick meet up next year in Ticino, when visiting friends there in Bellinzona.

Yes, for sure. Get in touch if you come and we could go on Cima di Medeglia or Cavaldrossa and fly.

16 minutes ago, Les said:

Safe journey back home Ric and hopefully catch up again soon

Thanks Les!

Back to reality: thinking, designing, building, flying gliders... and a lot of gardening waiting for pre winter works.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, chiloschista said:

Yes, for sure. Get in touch if you come and we could go on Cima di Medeglia or Cavaldrossa and fly.

Have a great trip back, enjoy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Andy_B said:

Yes Ric have a safe trip back ....................great to catchup again 

Thanks, looking forward for that.

The journey to Dover was easy and straightforward: 4h20m.

I was then three hours earlier and decided to finally visit the Dover castle.

20210922_142515.jpg

• Like 3

By the way, the last evening I went to Il Vecchio in Bridgend.

Wow, I was really surprised about quality. Great, real tasting lasagne, served without French fries; a real, original babba and, surprise, a real Neapolitan espresso.

So if someone next in Bridgend would like to feel the Italian atmosphere and taste, I could only suggest it 😋

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
chiloschista

Hello,

instead starting a new one, I resurrect this old thread.

My hopes are to fly a bit more than last time on Lundy, and Bwlch was not a lot better.

I know this year is going to be a great year, so I would plan another week after Lundy.

Options are a week (Mon 11.9 to Mon 18.9) in Bridgend and go fly on Bwlch or to go near Brighton and fly there, with some bath as an alternative.

Which one of those options is more promising? Other options or suggestions?

Last time Rhossili's dream was ruined by a mass of paragliders, so I think I will avoid it this year.

Yes I know, there is the Welsh open...

Ric

P.s.: Bridgend plus are the restaurant Il vecchio and Bwlch ice cream