BMFA League 4 Long Mynd 8th August

mtreble

8 minutes ago, DDM said:

Paypal link still not working, for me anyway. How much is it?

It's £10 - Doesn't look like it's going to get fixed today, so can you all make sure you bring cash tomorrow please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fpljohn said:

Dudley canal for me today, throwing stones at the ducks 👍

jp

This is Dudley, they are very likely to throw them back. 😁

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MikeE said:

This is Dudley, they are very likely to throw them back. 😁

Do they quack with an accent?

No results yet, but we had a nice afternoon with 6 rounds flown, finishing at 5 pm.

The xc weather forecast was a little wrong with its timings. Sun was scheduled for around midday but didn't arrive until after 2pm. The morning was spend sitting and chatting in the mist.

So a late start but in the end a nice afternoon in good wind speed. 

Fastest time was a 39 by Mark Redsell. Most rounds being won with a 41.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MikeE said:

No results yet, but we had a nice afternoon with 6 rounds flown, finishing at 5 pm.

The xc weather forecast was a little wrong with its timings. Sun was scheduled for around midday but didn't arrive until after 2pm. The morning was spend sitting and chatting in the mist.

Fastest time was a 39 by Mark Redsell. Most rounds being won with a 41.

Well done getting a comp in and congrats to Mark!

• Like 3

Great work today’s chaps, I didn’t think it was going to happen

plus extra grumpy this morning after another flat tyre, interesting day and at time hard work but just great to get some flying in

jp

• Like 2

CORRECTION

Fastest time was a 37.9 by Pete Gunning Most rounds being won with a 41.

Pity only six rounds but still a good comp by the sound of it. Personally, I have never been more ready and better prepared for a race but then I had to go to hospital in the night! Nothing too serious thank goodness but I am still here, out tomorrow I expect. Well done all. See you in a fortnight. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Great to catch up with everyone again.

Congrats to Peter Mike and Andy with there top three positions. 

We now need to find out why we had the problems with the buzzer system and get it fixed for the beginning of the Winter League. 

Rather a challenging day for some,I'll bring a boat on stand by next time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Redbird said:

Pity only six rounds but still a good comp by the sound of it. Personally, I have never been more ready and better prepared for a race but then I had to go to hospital in the night! Nothing too serious thank goodness but I am still here, out tomorrow I expect. Well done all. See you in a fortnight. 

Get well very soon Bruce 

• Like 3

Great day once the clag cleared, 2 big cuts in rounds 1&2 scuppered my chances. Many thanks to Andy Les & Mike for running the show, congrats to the top 3, well deserved with a very difficult base B.         
George managed to tent peg his Shinto into a small island in the middle of a boggy pond, Below is a shot of him stripped down to his pants retrieving it.   
luckily only very minor nose damage. That looked very cold George!!

3BC9B2C6-325D-44EC-B5FB-5358920F9B2F.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Graeme_M said:

Great day once the clag cleared, 2 big cuts in rounds 1&2 scuppered my chances. Many thanks to Andy Les & Mike for running the show, congrats to the top 3, well deserved with a very difficult base B.         
George managed to tent peg his Shinto into a small island in the middle of a boggy pond, Below is a shot of him stripped down to his pants retrieving it.   
luckily only very minor nose damage. That looked very cold George!!

Noooooo!!!

Simon

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks to the Mynd team and everyone for persevering in what seemed (initially) like winter league conditions. Pretty eventful day in various ways but we got a few rounds in in tricky conditions so turned out OK in the end!

• Like 3

Thanks for putting up with the poor conditions folks ,eventually the sunshine came along .

I managed to squander my best air in rd1 with a big cut and I suppose that buggered up the next couple of rounds but guess I’m happy with 3rd after that .

well done Pete flew a lovely line 

Andy 

• Like 1