Pike Precision Ballast

Rumbey

Does anyone have the correct ballast sheets as it appears I maybe using the wrong one?

I see on rcgroups the original by Pierre Rondel was incorrect

Luckily or otherwise I havent flown mine with much ballast 

Mine is the original with a slim fus if that makes any difference

1 hour ago, Rumbey said:

Does anyone have the correct ballast sheets as it appears I maybe using the wrong one?

I see on rcgroups the original by Pierre Rondel was incorrect

Luckily or otherwise I havent flown mine with much ballast 

Mine is the original with a slim fus if that makes any difference

Dave, not sure if you're referring to the PP1 or PP2 (which also has slim fus), but attached is the sheet I'm using for the PP2. Ballast held in front and rear wing pockets. If yours is a similar configuration then you can just alter the CG of the pockets.

PikePrecision2.xlsx

Just checked your sheet against a modded version of my PP2 sheet, with an extra column for the wing slug.

Plugging in the same set of slug weights and positions, both agree, so it's puzzling that Pierre's sheet is reported as incorrect. Can you point me to the topic in RCG?

The figures do assume that the CG of the dry model is 102 mm.

Yep, I have just been looking at the link. Again, plugging in the figures from the 'fixed' sheet into my modded sheet produces the same result. So both your sheet, my sheet and the 'fixed' version of Pierre's sheet all do their calculations the same way. Double checked by plugging in the figures from the 'fixed' sheet into yours, and they agree.

So you do appear to have an up to date sheet. As long as the dry CG is 102mm and the input data block has been entered correctly, it should be giving the correct figures.

1 minute ago, rc-soar said:

Yep, I have just been looking at the link. Again, plugging in the figures from the 'fixed' sheet into my modded sheet produces the same result. So both your sheet, my sheet and the 'fixed' version of Pierre's sheet all do their calculations the same way. Double checked by plugging in the figures from the 'fixed' sheet into yours, and they agree.

So you do appear to have an up to date sheet.

Thanks for that Mike.  Really appreciated

• Like 1

Also checks out against the sheet which I use with my Precision 1 (and has been checked with CG scales).  You can get the CG to stay within ~0.5mm if you fine tune the ballast pattern on the spreadsheet.

7 minutes ago, MikeE said:

also have a look at Joel Carlins Phone app.

"ballast management"

It works great and is very quick and easy to enter the data.

are you on commission for this ..........😀

• Haha 1