F3K Leauge Event Saturday 4th September 2021 - Twywell

Neil Harrison

Neil Harrison

This F3K league event is to be held at Twywell - not far from Kettering.  This is a farm field and is normally grazed by sheep, please ensure that the gate is closed and secured at all times...

The start time will be 10:00 with pilots breifing at 09:45, please aim to arrive by 09:30 at the latest.

Entries close at 18:00 on Friday 03rd September.

An entry fee of £10 per head will be charged for this event - please be ready to pay on the day - juniors free.  All are welcome, but BMFA insurance is a necessity. New contest pilots especially welcome, no experience necessary - well, you need to be able to launch and land back near yourself!  I'll update the table below as the entries come in - either reply to thread or PM me to enter.

The lanes around the field are narrow and used by horse riders - please take care.

See map attached, Yellow circle shows entrance to field and Yellow cross shows approximate parking location

Pilot entry list.....

1.  Neil H

680743463_TwywellFieldLocation.jpg.3c97bb3c50c30702802b966e16749962.jpg

Neil Harrison

Weather and wind direction look  ery favourable for Saturday....

We need more entries so please get them in.

Screenshot_20210902-091604_XCWeather.jpg

2 hours ago, MikeDLG said:

Gav and I should be there.  And I'm sure it is only 1hr from Grantham.  

You're right! Even better.

I've also noticed that its longer from my house than from the centre of Liverpool, but maybe I'm unreasonably enthusiastic about attending (and driving 6-7 hours on Saturday!).

With the "Stern bros" attending we still need 2 more to go ahead with a valid league event...

11 hours ago, PaulR said:

@blancmatter - looks like it'd be a long drive from liverpool in a single day though 😞

Unfortunately I'm at the Beef and Dairy podcast live show in London.... would have made it otherwise.

• Like 2

Hi,

Unfortunately I cannot go as I have family commitments, I would have loved to be there!

I have pencilled the 18th of September in so will be attending that weekend.

Sorry, but if there was a way I would have loved to be there:-(

Regards

Corne

Hey guys, looks like the numbers are there? 

Im still trying to figure out if I can get away with two weekends in a row after Emily graciously spent all last weekend spectating/reading. 

I'm hoping to be there though. 

What is the procedure this time? Register on the vault and turn up with £10

Cheers, Kohen

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kohen said:

Hey guys, looks like the numbers are there? 

We're still one away from a valid league competition.

Neil P (CTR) is on the fence, but if he confirms then we will have the 8 required. Same goes for you. No pressure. 🙂

We try to avoid 2 weekends in a row as I'm sure we can all appreciate the need to balance fun flying comps and home life. Sometimes it doesn't work out though. This year seems to have been a bit busier, probably just compared to the COVID induced lack of events in 2020.

It'd be good to see you if that's possible. You'll be home for Saturday evening!

Entry needs to be in by 6pm today via the F3XVault link above and then £10 on the day.

OK cheers @PaulR no worries, yeah I figured that was the case re covid jumbling things up.

Swell, well count me as coming, I will register. Ive done jack all this year so got to try and make hay whilst the sun (hopefully) shines.

Cheers!

• Like 3