F3K NON-League Event: Twywell 2nd Oct 2021

PaulR

This F3K event is to be held at Twywell - not far from Kettering.  This is a farm field and is normally grazed by sheep, please ensure that the gate is closed and secured at all times...

The start time will be 10:00 with pilots briefing at 09:45, please aim to arrive by 09:30 at the latest.

Entries close at 18:00 on Friday 1st October.

An entry fee of £10 per head will be charged for this event - please be ready to pay on the day - juniors free.  All are welcome, but BMFA insurance is a necessity. New contest pilots especially welcome, no experience necessary - well, you need to be able to launch and land back near yourself! 

Enter via F3xVault here:

https://www.f3xvault.com/?action=event&function=event_register&event_id=2170

The lanes around the field are narrow and used by horse riders - please take care.

See map attached, Yellow circle shows entrance to field and Yellow cross shows approximate parking location

Google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/Rv1nnx9kFtGs5Wyt8

What3words: ///locator.figs.dabbling

image.png.1990f2f09a9d6372ca519b3d24ffd537.png

• PaulR changed the title to F3K NON-League Event: Twywell 2nd Oct 2021

I’ve updated the title of this thread to reflect that this event will not contribute to the 2021 league scores. 

Neil tells me that Mike C will be able to bring the comp equipment so we shouldn’t need alternatives. 

As a non league event, you try different things, like allowing f5k models with say a 50m launch height. I don’t know if a height motor cut device is standard with f5k.  Might be a way to tempt additional entries. 

blancmatter

Oh go on then. I'll be coming from Church Stretton way after a week of full size gliding which makes it a bit less of a journey.

thechalster

If the weather is looking good and enough interested pilots I will be there and can pick up PA equipment from Harry.

What's the current mood for sat?

I've enough fuel, but it's looking cold and windy with threat of rain in afternoon.  Enthusiasm waining at the moment.  Just curious if everyone else still mad keen so I can plan my weekend.

blancmatter

On f3x it's just Paul and I. We can time each other and score 1000 for each round. I think only a landout on single would distinguish us.

1 hour ago, cirrusRC said:

What's the current mood for sat?

Current mood is pessimistic…

We’ve only got 3 replies in the positive so far. Neil P and David would make it 5. 

Weather is certainly not looking ideal. If we had to call it based on today’s forecast I’d say it would not be a fun day…which for a non-league event would make it pointless from my point of view.

Hiya dudes.

Ive been working to get my bamf fixed up in time and think it should be ready so if the weather turns around id be keen. Sorry I didnt put my hand up earlier but wasnt sure if id be ready in time. I do need to check my fuel tank though, haha what a pain. Totally understand if we rain check though. Hope everyone is well. 

I'd be well up for a get together in nice conditions, but it's a long drive to maybe fly in rubbish weather.... IMHO. 

Morning all,

based on the forecast I'm not going to make the trip to Twywell tomorrow.

If this was a league event then I'd be cancelling, but since this isn't, there is no minimum number of pilots or any other requirements for an informal fly-in, so if any of you who live closer want to head over to see if you can have some informal flying before the majority of the rain sets in then feel free - the farmer will be expecting some payment for use of the field, but I'm sure a few pounds each will suffice for what will probably be half a day.

Does look like it'll be windy though...

cirrusRC

I agree Paul, forecast doesn't look favourable at all.  I'm going to pass also.  Best wishes everyone, hopefully see you next season.

Sorry if I missed it, but why is this not a league event?  The calendar says ‘Team selection contest’, which I take to mean league event. 

29 minutes ago, MikeDLG said:

Sorry if I missed it, but why is this not a league event?  The calendar says ‘Team selection contest’, which I take to mean league event. 

I believe it was because this was listed as a reserve date but since the event for which it was a reserve was run as scheduled, this wasn't technically required. I listed it as a "real" one originally, but Neil advised it wouldn't count.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PaulR said:

I believe it was because this was listed as a reserve date but since the event for which it was a reserve was run as scheduled, this wasn't technically required. I listed it as a "real" one originally, but Neil advised it wouldn't count.

👍