Southern Winter League f3f 2021-22

Nigel_W

689137704_F3F-SWLv1sml.png.3b6a63751e78c0fc679463829b458877.png

The Southern Winter F3F League will run this year on the first Sunday of each month from October to March, with the Saturday of the same weekend being used as a reserve option.  The winter events are very relaxed, and a good way of trying out F3F, but also fun for those who have been away from it for a while.

The venue will be White Sheet Down, Mere, for wind direction SSW-NNW.  For certain other directions an event may run in the Eastbourne area.  The weather call will be made by the Friday evening.  8 firm entrants will be required.

Please indicate attendance on the Event Calendar which is weblinked from the dates above, including availability for the Reserve date.

For your FIRST event you must send your BMFA number and CAA OP number by email to ngwitchalls AT gmail.com .   Once provided you will not need to reprovide them for subsequent events, but just confirmed as renewed in January.  Those who attended the English Open have already provided current details.  If you have any queries please contact me by PM or email.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, due to a very decent forecast we are calling Sunday's comp ON.  The forecast shows no rain but has been showing some showers until today, so bring waterproofs just in case.  The current entry list is below, others welcome.

• Nigel_W
  • thangers
  • Ian Falconer
  • Redbird
  • Ian F3F
  • Graeme_M
  • wookman
  • Jess
  • Mark P
  • fpljohn
  • Tony L?
  • Pete B
  • Phil T

Can’t make this one, Nigel. It clashes with the last day of the Pyrénées Cup, which also promises to be wet!

At last we got a comp in!! 9 rounds flown in typical White sheet variability,                                                                                                                                                                 It was great to see 15 pilots already to go at 09:45, so we made an early start getting underway at about 09:50.                                                                                                    The weather gods were smiling on us today, treating us to 12-14 MS with initially wall to wall sunshine, however as the day went on the cloud started to build, with only a couple of minor stoppages due to some annoying fine rain later. The comp was finally called when the wind started to swing to the West. All in all a great day with only one major crash (Disorientation due to loosing it in the Sun I think) 

If anyone has any pictures can the post here please.                                                                                                                                                                                                      Top 3...

1. Graeme Mahoney                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         2. Tony Livingstone                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          3. John Philips    

Results spreadsheet attached

G                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

F3F_Scores_V1_1.xls

• Like 6

Big THANK YOU to Nigel, Graeme & the Whitesheet crew for the smooth running of a really good race to start the winter league - I thought it was a really enjoyable day. Seemed odd seeing woolly hats & gloves just a month after hot Lundy sunshine & tee-shirts though

Congrats to Graeme, Tony & John - well done in the variable conditions - consistency wins

and I'm still in shock - FTD of 38.33 (a first for me), a round win, and a new PB - FS5+1.5kg really moves, even on Whitesheet

Phil.

• Like 6

Yes, a great day out, for sure. Thanks to Graeme and Nigel, for the smooth running of the comp. highlight of the day for me, was JP constantly complaining to me, that there were no bacon rolls!🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just a reminder that the next SWL comp is in a week.  Forecast is shifting about a bit as regards rain, but if we can get 3-4 hours straight flying we will probably go ahead.  Saturday is an option as the backup day. Please indicate interest on the calendar event Here. 

Hi all, the comp is ON for Sunday.  Meet 9.30 NW slope.  More entries welcome.  I will put up the entry list sometime tomorrow.

• Like 2