Wales Winter League 20/21

jwest532

Greg Dakin

Yes, I will be there Joel - by all means pack the kids crawler. Personally, I'll pack the Vs410. 😉

Greg

• Like 1

Thanks to Joel and Graeme and everyone who pitched in with buzzing for a successful comp. Well done to Joel on the narrowest of wins. Well done to Lord Dakin on coming second with the consolation of Ftd with a brand new aeroplane. Strange to see an F5j style tail on a F3f machine, seemed to work well though. I managed two sub 60 second times on my first trip to the back of the wrecker in very light conditions. A good day out.

• Like 1

Well what an enjoyable way to start the Wales Winter League. 8 rounds after a lazy start waiting for the clag and wind to sort itself out, followed by some nice conditions.  Should have said on the slope but a big thanks to Graeme for helping in the centre and being on point for any tech issue with new timing gear.  

1 Joel West 6833.73
2 Greg Dakin 6829.46
3 Graeme Mahoney 6377.02
4 Mark Passingham 6330.17
5 Paul Stubley 6276.46
6 Mike Shellim 6257.38
7 Keith Wood 6157.21
8 Nigel Witchalls 6110.16
9 Bruce Hudson 5727.24
10 Graham Hill 5259.72
11 Mike Bleathman 4860.55

Fastest time: 42.58 by Greg Dakin in round 2

• Like 4

Hi guys

Really sorry to have to tell you this but I though you should know,  I started to feel unwell last night and I've tested positive this morning. I know I was negative on Friday because the whole family tested because there is a lot of it going around the local schools.   Symptoms appear to be mild.  I just hope I haven't given it to any of you!

Joel

• Sad 1

Downer. I hope you are feeling better soon. We will all be on lock down before Chistmas!

• Like 1

Greg Dakin

Excellent day out. Great to see some old friends and make some new ones. 

Thanks to Joel and Graeme for a fine job on running the show. 

Congrats to Joel on the win with some fine flying!!! 

Sorry to hear of the Covid issue, but if we're going to catch it off anyone it may as well be our illustrious CD.... 

Greg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Get well soon Joel.

Let's hope the Back of the Wrecker is an effective COVID blocker, even in a light breeze.

I imagine it's a very safe environment and hopefully none of you will prove me wrong.

• Like 1

Thanks for hanging in there Joel and making a comp out of it.  Well done Greg for making Joel put in some effort on the flying side too, and Graeme for taking third as well as helping in the centre.  I enjoyed the flying, except the 72 second crawl, but at least got one decent run to round off the day.

• Like 1

Hope you and yours ate starting to feel better.

Are you planning to post the full results spread sheet?