Shinto Electric - Mikey's maiden flight.

MikevE

Thanks for all the battery and other help, everyone. Successful maiden this morning. What a great glider! Yes, transported by bicycle. I'm temporarily using the box it came in, and have almost finished a plywood coffin to take my gliders to the field. Really happy with all the great service from Neil at Hyperflight.co.uk too. Things didn't go perfectly with this order, but Neil was so brill at sorting out the minor issues that I couldn't be happier! Excellent customer service.

The trailer is a Carry Freedom Y-frame and I got an extended arm (the 50cm model) to give more clearance. I could probably have gotten away with using the standard arm.

image.thumb.png.71a686b1c4543d81e019174c4dbe5547.pngimage.thumb.png.5b8f31fdf0564532e95f829fadd66192.png

• Like 3

And a short video. I'd set the glider control throws up using GliderThrow, and using Mike Shellim's eSoar template. Didn't even need any trim on the first flight.

http://mahmoudi-modellsport.eu/gliderthrow - I bought mine here and have the quad version.

https://rc-soar.com/opentx/setups/esoarplus/index.htm - Mike Shellim's eSoar Plus template.

• Like 5

Congratulations on your maiden flight. However diligently you set up your new glider and radio, I find maiden flights are always a nervous moment. 

• Like 1

Love the trailer. Might have to think about building a set of bicycle wheels and a trail arm to fit a model box. Could be my next project!

• Like 1