F3 Res challenge question.

Bbdave

I have an electric F3 res glider that I have flown for a few years if I want to try one of these postal challenges how do I record the info. That I see on the threads I presume there's a gizmo that does it.

Dave

• Like 1

Graham Lorimer

I use an Altis Nano and download the days flying on to my PC when I get home.

Set to motor cut off at 60 meters or 20 seconds, and with downloadable flight records to claim your score with, perfect for the postal competition.

Graham

• Like 1

If F3 bungee-launch RES, you can't get simpler than launch, hit some timer-switch when you ping off the top, then stop timer when you touch grass, noting time in a pocket-book or the back of your hand.  Then re-launch.  The challenge is honesty-based so you don't technically need any telemetry or time/altitude recording facilities to prove anything.

As I use Taranis with a telemetry altimeter built into the RX, a downloadable graph does of course help illustrate the narrative that accompanies any given epic flight report (for 'epic' I refer to Cirrus RC or Graham himself, rather than my own modest efforts).

If F5 electric-launch then, as Graham says, you'll need a motor cut-off so Altis Nano or similar is the way to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2