Jump to content

FxRES Ayelsbury Sunday 10th April


Martin O
 Share

Recommended Posts

Martin O

Aylesbury &District MFC are hosting the first FxRES event of the year and is now open for entries.
The field is near Folly Farm, just off the A413 north of Aylesbury, opposite the village of Hardwick. The postcode is HP22 4EE
A&DMFC will supervise parking, on a field opposite to the one we will use for the competition

The format of the day is:
9:30 field opens
10:45 pilots briefing
11:00 to 15:00 competition window
15:00 fly off if necessary/prize ceremony

Entry fee is £10 which will be split between a prize fund and a fee to the hosts.

FxRES competitions are a variant of the FAI F3L provisional class, that has a simple format with a 4 hour window where competitors can fly up to 10 timed flights (6 min max), best 6 flights count, no landing bonus. This allows F3L and F5RES to compete alongside each other but have different score sheets.
Full set of rules is 7.24 in the SF rule book , BMFA membership is a must. F5RES height limiters set to 100m/30seconds, bungees are provided, please do not use your own?

Experienced and newcomers to soaring are welcome, help will be on hand.

Please post your interest in participation, stating your name and the class you will fly (F3L / F5RES) and I will update the competitor list?

Competitor list to gauge numbers, not definitive.
Martin Oldershaw F3L
Lawrence Drennan F3L
Rob Craddock F5RES
Pete in Northian F3L
Cirrus RC (tentative) F3L/F5RES
Andy Sephton F3L/F5RES
Dave Dempster F3L
John Minchell F3L
Phil Pearson F3L
Andy Lindgren – F5 RES
Bob Playle – F5 RES with an outside chance of F3L
Peter Johnson – F5 RES and F3L
Mick Stiff – F5 RES and F3L
Geoff Richardson – F5 RES
Jon (Straight Edge) F3L

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Martin,

Will be there for this event, will be flying F5RES.

Look forward  to seeing you on the day 

Regards

Rob Craddock

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

cirrusRC

Curious.   This is a single comp with F3L and F5Res models flying at the same time in the same rounds or separate?

I.e you can't compete with 2 model classes during the day?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Martin O
9 hours ago, cirrusRC said:

Curious.   This is a single comp with F3L and F5Res models flying at the same time in the same rounds or separate?

I.e you can't compete with 2 model classes during the day?

FxRES competitions are a varient of the FAI F3L provisional class, that has a simple format with a 4 hour window where competitors can fly up to 10 timed flights (6 min max), best 6 flights count, no landing bonus. This allows F3L and F5RES to compete alongside each other but have different score sheets. You can only enter one class per comp.

The idea is to provide an inexpensive class that is fun, where newcomers to soaring can have a go, but equally experienced flyers who maybe want to move away from expensive carbon gliders are also welcome. There is a schedule of further events at https://fxres.co.uk with a link to the RES-UK facebook page.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

cirrusRC

Thanks Martin.  What about if enter F3L, but due to failure or damage, can you complete rest of flights with a F5 RES model?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Martin O
23 hours ago, cirrusRC said:

Thanks Martin.  What about if enter F3L, but due to failure or damage, can you complete rest of flights with a F5 RES model?

PM sent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pete in Northiam

Count me in please, flying F3L :)

Thanks to the organisers for kicking off 2022!  Now ... back to building for me  --Pete

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lawrence D
On 09/03/2022 at 08:27, cirrusRC said:

Thanks Martin.  What about if enter F3L, but due to failure or damage, can you complete rest of flights with a F5 RES model?

Just to clarify,  F3L and F5RES models are flown as 2 separate classes in any FXRES event- It will be possible for a pilot to enter a single class class or both classes on the day, but flight scores are not transferable between classes.   Similarly the FXRES National League has a separate Leader-board (and National Champions) for F3L and F5RES.

Hopefully a big incentive to have twice the fun competing with both F3L and F5RES models at any event?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

cirrusRC

Right! Thanks for clearing that up.   I assume you alternate between the classes and rounds during the day then?

Or you fly the full comp for each class one after the other?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lawrence D
2 hours ago, cirrusRC said:

Right! Thanks for clearing that up.   I assume you alternate between the classes and rounds during the day then?

Or you fly the full comp for each class one after the other?

Hi Please see rules on FXRES website.

https://www.fxres.co.uk/event-rules

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cirrusRC

From what I can gather from rules, as long as I complete my flights within 4 hour window and timer is available then I can fly either class at any time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Graham Lorimer
2 hours ago, Lawrence D said:

Hi Please see rules on FXRES website.

https://www.fxres.co.uk/event-rules

 

To save us all a lot of time of having to find the relevant excerpt in the rules, can you please cut and paste the relevant paragraphs.

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cirrusRC

 

"

7.24.1.6 Contest flights:

The working time is 4 hours, to commence and complete with a designated signal.

The competitor is entitled to a maximum of 10 flight attempts during the working time.

Each flight attempt must be timed and recorded by a helper.

For F3L, once a competitor has reached or exceeded a flight time of 6 minutes only a maximum time (max) of 6 minutes can be recorded.

For F5RES, once a competitor has reached or exceeded a flight time of 6 minutes and 30 seconds only a maximum time (max) of 6 minutes and 30 seconds can be recorded

An official attempt begins when the model leaves the hand of the competitor or their helper."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lawrence D
7 minutes ago, cirrusRC said:

 

"

7.24.1.6 Contest flights:

The working time is 4 hours, to commence and complete with a designated signal.

The competitor is entitled to a maximum of 10 flight attempts during the working time.

Each flight attempt must be timed and recorded by a helper.

For F3L, once a competitor has reached or exceeded a flight time of 6 minutes only a maximum time (max) of 6 minutes can be recorded.

For F5RES, once a competitor has reached or exceeded a flight time of 6 minutes and 30 seconds only a maximum time (max) of 6 minutes and 30 seconds can be recorded

An official attempt begins when the model leaves the hand of the competitor or their helper."

Hi Cirrus- Yes pilots can launch when they like in the 4 hour window, pick their own air, head for marked lift or go launch and find it....what could possibly go wrong? 🙂.  

The competition of 6 maxes out of 10 attempts in 4 hours is a worthy challenge for either a F3L or F5RES pilot at any skill level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cirrusRC

Personally, I find the format encourages lots of waiting around for lift to blow through and competitors are not necessarily competing in the same air, however in the spirit of opening up the class to more people and acting as an introduction to competition then it's all good 

Please put me down as a tentative for both classes.  It's by birthday weekend so I will only make the journey if wind under 10 mph.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Martin O
21 hours ago, Graham Lorimer said:

To save us all a lot of time of having to find the relevant excerpt in the rules, can you please cut and paste the relevant paragraphs.

Thanks

Edited top post to accomodate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Andy Sephton

I'm planning to be there on the day, I'll be entering both F3 and F5-RES

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

gyronuts

hope to be there to see what its all about. bill

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

StraightEdge

Count me in, F3-RES.

Current horrid weather forecast to blow through by the end of the week, but I'm putting my money on Sunday being the better day for lighter winds.

Jon

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Martin O changed the title to FxRES Ayelsbury Sunday 10th April

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.