FxRES April 2022 2m F3L/F5-RES Monthly Duration Challenge

martynk

shauncwalsh

First attempt at this, best of a number of flights with Stewart Walker who was better at finding the lift than I was.

6 min 26 secs

F5-RES Circle Dancer (a.k.a Kavan Resco)

Bramhall

image.thumb.png.edf77aecb0b3489f6b0a41f412afecf9.png

image.png

• Like 3

Pleasant afternoon.   Shorts and T-shirt,  hazy blue sky, light winds and smooth lift, but narrow and tricky low down.

Plenty of 30-minute flights,  but struggled to link them up as the low-level thermals kept leading to dead ends and the thermals vanishing.

Last flight of the day was the best,   down wind launch to 35 meters,   good low save and a good climb out against a nice white cloud all the way to 1800 feet before I pulled the spoilers.   Mid way through the flight a front moved in and brought a big black cloud and winds 10-15mph.   Spent most of the flight stationary and maintaining height by just surfing and riding the cloud suck @ 400 meters.     That eventually evaporated and I gradually came down.   A very turbulent and breezy landing.

David | X-RES | 30th April | 38 minutes 2 seconds

xres-30th-april.thumb.jpg.71b88dd5f352d11fd62177d1e3f3d9fd.jpg

• Like 2

Graham Lorimer
23 minutes ago, cirrusRC said:

Pleasant afternoon.   Shorts and T-shirt,  hazy blue sky, light winds and smooth lift, but narrow and tricky low down.

Plenty of 30-minute flights,  but struggled to link them up as the low-level thermals kept leading to dead ends and the thermals vanishing.

Last flight of the day was the best,   down wind launch to 35 meters,   good low save and a good climb out against a nice white cloud all the way to 1800 feet before I pulled the spoilers.   Mid way through the flight a front moved in and brought a big black cloud and winds 10-15mph.   Spent most of the flight stationary and maintaining height by just surfing and riding the cloud suck @ 400 meters.     That eventually evaporated and I gradually came down.   A very turbulent and breezy landing.

David | X-RES | 30th April | 38 minutes 2 seconds

xres-30th-april.thumb.jpg.71b88dd5f352d11fd62177d1e3f3d9fd.jpg

Nice flight, but they do get very small at that altitude, and very hard to know if they are going up or down.

Graham

Well done David

Updated Table - Congrats to Graham for winning this one..

image.png.5afa9317512d1584415cbccc393774f3.png