FxRES Buckminster, 2 day event 15th & 16th April

Martin O

FxRES competitions will be run on both the bank holiday Friday and Saturday

The format of the day is:
10:45 pilots briefing
11:00 to 15:00 competition window
15:00 fly off if necessary/prize ceremony

Entry fee is £15, (£10 to Buckminster and £5 for a prize fund)

Sewstern
Grantham
Lincolnshire, NG33 5RW
More details on directions HERE

FxRES is a 2m soaring class with models constructed mainly from wood. Competitions are a variant of the FAI F3L provisional class, that has a simple format with a 4 hour window where competitors can fly up to 10 timed flights (6 min max), best 6 flights count, no landing bonus. This allows F3L and F5RES to compete alongside each other but have different score sheets. A competitor can fly both classes if they wish.
Full set of rules is 7.24 in the SF rule book , BMFA membership is a must. F5RES height limiters set to 100m/30seconds, bungees are provided, please do not use your own?

With effect from 1st January 2022, BMFA General Rules have changed to require competition models to display of either the owner’s BMFA number or their FAI registration number in UK competitions.
The reason is to prove ownership of the model. All entrants in any event must be the owner of the model and must display the owner’s number.
All models other than Scale or Indoor Free Flight must be clearly marked with the owner’s membership number on the upper surface of the wing in letters at least 19 mm high
(Note - The FAI requirement is that the alpha/numeric characters are at least 25 mm high)

More about FxRES can be found here fxres.co.uk

Please post here your interest in participation, stating your name and the class you will fly (F3L / F5RES) and which days you will attend (ie. Fri, Sat or both)?
Weather might play a part so bookmark this post for updates.

Competitor list to gauge numbers, not definitive.
Rob Craddock F5RES
Bob Goodenough F5RES/F3L
Lawrence Drennan F3L
Martin Oldershaw F3L
Gordon B F3L/F5RES

Bob Goodenough

I’m intending to fly on Friday and Saturday and would like to do F3L and and F5RES (different classes, different days?).  Hope to see you all there.

• Like 1

On 04/04/2022 at 11:00, MikevE said:

Interesting, so you guys are there on the same days as we F3K folk? It'll be nice to meet you and say Hi!

Yes definitely Mike. I still have an NXT from when I did F3K a few years back but am very out of practice.

We are also doing FxRES at Buckminster 18th/19th June and 23rd/24th July. I think Manny organised those dates as a field share with F3K

FxRES is now also in Radioglide 2ndJune

Look foward to a catch up.

Might bring my dad to do some timing. He can't stand for long periods, so needs a chair.    Will this be permitted behind the launch line if next to where I'm launching from?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, cirrusRC said:

Might bring my dad to do some timing. He can't stand for long periods, so needs a chair.    Will this be permitted behind the launch line if next to where I'm launching from?

I don't see why not. I think other pilots should be aware of the situation. We can cover this in the pilots briefing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, StraightEdge said:

… Where, by the way, is 'Wetlands'?

It's near Retford, about half a mile east of Sutton-cum-Lound

N 53.3571572, W -0.9566994 Lat/long

924V+V87 Retford   (search google maps with this code)

rail.ignoring.saved       On What three words

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

John Woolley

Have booked for the DLG come and have a go day on the friday, but if hoping can come and spectate on the Saturday or part of it, if that is ok for the F3RES. 
My first time to the center so hoping i can find my way around. Booked in to the travel lodge for Friday night. As I my camping gear is well and truly buried and not been seen since start of covid.
Hoping in a couple of months will have something to actually compete with. :)  

Andy Sephton

I’ll be there, but only on one of the days. Friday is looking good so far. The intention is to enter both classes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cirrusRC said:

Martin, which end are you flying from on the Friday?  Lower part by house and carpark or upper end?

Myself and Lawrence will be there early tomorrow and will lease with Manny and the f3k guys before deciding. But best guess is the upper end.

• Thanks 1

Pete in Northiam
On 04/04/2022 at 08:00, Martin O said:

FxRES competitions will be run on both the bank holiday Friday and Saturday

Just to be clear, will this meeting generate two entries in the national league? If so, will other meetings also fly both days and count two? Good to know in advance :)

Later: never mind I found it: "...there are 6 events planned over 3 weekends in the Buckminster 2022 Calendar".

So I did know in advance!