FxRES Wetlands 14th or 15th May 2022

Martin O

Martin O

Confirmation that the Comp is running on Saturday 14th at 11:00

This is a day dedicated to 2m gliders.  FxRES & F5J (2metre) will be flown as a joint event on the 14th or the 15th May, depending upon weather and pilot availability. we will choose the final day of the event on the run up to the weekend.

EDIT: All classes, F3L, F5RES and 'Open' (Full house f5j style 2 metre models) will be flown together to FxRES rules. Only F3L and F5RES can qualify for the national league but should be an interesting day with some top level f5j pilots competing. Competitors can enter as many classes as they wish.

The field is by Wetlands Lakes near Retford Nottinghamshire.
Farm Post Code is DN22 8SB
Turn right between an old farm house and a barn. Up and over a small steep hill, flying will be on one of the fields on the right.

53.359669,-0.948755
https://maps.app.goo.gl/hv7h8kNj3e17Jo4w6

10:45 pilots briefing
11:00 to 15:00 competition window
15:00 fly off if necessary/prize ceremony

Entry fee £10 (Split between field cost and prize fund)

FxRES is a 2m soaring class with models constructed mainly from wood. Competitions are a variant of the FAI F3L provisional class, that has a simplified format with a 4 hour window where competitors can fly up to 10 timed flights (6 min max), best 6 flights count, no landing bonus. This allows F3L and F5RES to compete alongside each other but have different score sheets. A competitor can fly both classes if they wish.
Full set of rules is 7.24 in the SF rule book, BMFA membership is a must. F5RES height limiters set to 100m/30seconds, bungees are provided, please do not use your own?

With effect from 1st January 2022, BMFA General Rules have changed to require competition models to display of either the owner’s BMFA number or their FAI registration number in UK competitions.  Please visit fxres.co.uk for more details.

It would help if competitors can express their interest by posting on this thread
Please bookmark this post for updates?

• Martin O changed the title to FxRES Wetlands 14th or 15th May 2022
cirrusRC

Martin, are the F5j models taking part in same comp as us or just sharing the field?

Event starts an hour earlier right?

Lawrence D
On 11/05/2022 at 07:56, cirrusRC said:

Martin, are the F5j models taking part in same comp as us or just sharing the field?

Event starts an hour earlier right?

Hi David,

The 2m Open event will be run as a discreet competition on same flight-line to FXRES rules, in same manner as the discreet F3L and F5RES competitions. They will work to the same 100m/30second limitations on the power run.

The event starts at 11.00 as per usual FXRES events to hopefully get the most thermic part of the day...the notice above needs to be changed to a 11.00 start, with any flyoffs after 4 hour window closes at 15.00

Lawrence

• Thanks 1

cirrusRC

Thanks Lawrence, hope you have a good day (forecast looks very good!), sadly I can't change work shift this weekend.  Cheers.

Lawrence D
6 minutes ago, cirrusRC said:

Thanks Lawrence, hope you have a good day (forecast looks very good!), sadly I can't change work shift this weekend.  Cheers.

Thanks David- really sorry you wont be able to get there, but still plenty of events to go!

cirrusRC

Results made me smile. 3 in the F5 fly off!  Well done all.    Nicely done Martin too.

What was Steve flying in F5?

• Thanks 1

Graham Lorimer

David

I believe Steve was flying an older model called a Miles.

I had not met Steve before Saturday, but by the middle of the afternoon I was fairly convinced he could max out most times flying a reasonably shaped house brick.

GL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

cirrusRC

Yes I can imagine Graham.

Well done on your result.  Hope we see you at other RES events?

• Like 1