Radioglide 2022

Alex Maxfield

Alex Maxfield

Hi All, a reminder that Radioglide 2022 will be held at Buckminster on 2-5 June 2022. Radioglide is one of 3 premier events in the thermal soaring calendar each year with a long history.

There will be the first ever FxRES competition held on Thursday 2nd June and entries can be made on the Barcs.co.uk website. It would be great to have a good turn out.

Also a reminder for all you F5RES flyers that you are also welcome to enter your F5RES models into the F5J competition on Friday and/or Saturday and the 2M eSoaring event on Sunday. If anyone needs help understanding the rules for these other events then please let me know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not long now, ENTRIES CLOSE midnight SATURDAY 28th MAY.
Would be good to get a few more entries. Don't be put off if fairly new soaring, help will be at hand.

Pilots briefing is 10:45 with the comp window 11:00 to 15:00 and then the fly off if needed.

Entries are in and we have 17 competitors, a decent number for the first ever year. If you think you should be on the list and have been left off then please contact myself or Lawrence directly? Our contact details are on the website www.fxres.co.uk 

Compoetitor list:

Lawrence Drennan

Andrew Sephton

Gary Peck

Alex Maxfield 

Martin Oldershaw

Neil Tricker

Peter Newman

Martyn Kinder

Gordon Brown

Kevin Wallace

John Minchell

John Shenstone

Brian Seymour

Brian Johnson

Steve Haley

Paul Wainwright 

David Poole 

What a fantastic day.  Still Buzzing, 24 hours after I got home. Spent the night re-living the day.

Thanks to Martin and Laurence. We wouldn't have done this without them..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes cracking day Martyn.  Almost perfect conditions......again.  Slightly trickier in the afternoon as the cloud cover increased.

Some really nice flying on display, with many maxes.  Plenty of thermal gaggles to be seen.

Someone asked me whether I still learn things when flying.  Absolutely!  Every flight is different and you can never truly master what you cannot see.   Competitions push you out of your comfort zone and you learn a lot from others.   Steve and Alex really highlighted how to maximise the advantages of a motor.

Having discovered both my F5 and F3 models had flap slider in different directions!!!! I've now moved flaps to throttle stick and motor to a switch, something I should have done a long time a go.

Was good to finally meet Graham L!  Special thanks to Neil P, for timing for me.

• Like 1

Congratulations to this year's winner of the Lilienthal Trophy for "Best Newcomer" to Radioglide Lawrence Drennan who flew to a fine 2nd place in the F5L class. 

IMG_2759 e1.jpg

• Like 4