BMFA F3F League Reserve 1, Whitesheet 12th June '22

mtreble

• 2 weeks later...

Morning gents,

The forecasts have been pretty stable all week and show good conditions for the race this Sunday so I’m calling it ON.
Meet 09:30 on the top

G

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hope you have all had a very enjoyable days racing today, i look forward to reading how it all went, anyone have a few pics to share please ?

I was hoping to come along for a couple of hrs to catch up with many of my flying friends who I havent seen for so long, sadly I wasnt well enough for the trip.

Stu. 

• Sad 1

Sorry to here you are still struggling Stu. Hopefully you will be well enough soon.

Whitesheet was crossed and variable. But it came good for me late on with a 39.02 on and my first sub 40 second F3f run.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

That was one of the best days racing i can remember at Whitesheet!! 13 pilots ready to do battle and wall to wall sunshine. 13 round flown in what i thought to be reasonably consistant conditions for Whitesheet, however times varied from 75:53 (Sorry Phil) to 36:66 well done Mike! Mark Redsell showed us how it should be done with some very accurate flying followed closely by Mike Shellim and John Philips. 

Results sheet attached

G

BMFA Reserve 1 Whitesheet.xls

• Like 9

Phil.Taylor

Congrats to Mark, Mike & John - very well flown in crossed & variable conditions

big thanks to Graeme & the Whitesheet crew

cut, cut, double-cut ! - must try harder - but the Vantage was looking very promising

Phil.

• Like 4

Excellent comp, thank you Graeme. Very well done to Mark, Mike and JP - some quality flying on display there, and congratulations to Graham for getting a PB and going sub-40 (at Whitesheet!!!!).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just echoing the comments above - good day out, no drama, everything set and ready to go early on and then good weather as well! Still pretty challenging at times but a good number of rounds to sort things out. Thanks to the whitesheet team and everyone else for a really good, slick and relaxed day out.

(Will - I might have some spare ballast if you need it 😉)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well I thought it was a great day's flying, despite the crossed conditions! Well done to Mark, also to Graham for his first sub-40 - the first of many I'm sure.

Many thanks to Graeme and crew for a good call re slope, and a slickly run comp. Pics to follow soon.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to have missed out. Got to the hill only to discover that I had left my rucksack at home - no TX, no ballast, no lunch.  Bugger.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Mark P said:

Sorry to have missed out. Got to the hill only to discover that I had left my rucksack at home - no TX, no ballast, no lunch.  Bugger.

Whoops. Best get an f3f checklist drawn up going forward!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark P said:

Can’t fly without lunch!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well done chaps, glad you had a good comp.  Sorry I couldn't be there to assist and fly, but expect to be fully on board for the English Open (watch this space later this month.........). 

Graham, good effort with your great sub-40 PB, let me have the details and it can go on the list!!  I recall not long ago you were bemoaning the fact that you could never reach the 45s threshold for getting onto the list, and now sub-40 at White Sheet!

Nigel

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1