Midland Winter F3F League 2022/23

Andy_B

• 4 weeks later...
John Minchell

Sorry Andy but I trashed my Calypso weekend before last when the Tx harness clip fractured while flying, so got nothing suitable to fly.

John M

• Sad 1

Todays result .....glad me made the call as it wasnt a bad day at all .Bit flukey at the end but worth the effort .

Many thanks to all those that turned up and fingers crossed for March .

mention must be made of Bruces new shades ......I'm sure Les must have a photo ..😄

image.png.f163d64608b1e963b6a379bab149dea6.png

image.png.e248315067dfd05458d12d40228819c5.png

Edited by Andy_B
  • Like 4

Was great just to get out and finally get a comp in.

Well done top three. 

Good to see Peter getting to grips towards the end.

Hopefully Wales next Saturday goes ahead. 

Thanks to everyone for making it a smooth running competition. 

Lovely day. 

No wind Meters were harmed during the day. We just flew and ignored the occasional lack of puff. 

Pole Cot is a slope that works even in very very little wind, and flying in low wind and smooth conditions brought out some lovely accurate flying and a variety of lines and styles.  It was good to watch today, and as I was on centre I did watch closer than I would normally.

A satisfying day, that was easy to analyse those time losing errors. There were of course the odd flight that had decent air, but the majority were reasonably consistent.

Paul's Orden looked very suited to the day and Paul flew some aggressive lines, for a well deserved podium.

Mark T flew a well thought out line very consistently all day a joy to watch.

I flew the Pike until lunch then switched to the Device. My results were better with the Pike until a good final round with the Device probably ended up with it being equal, so nothing learnt there.

Both are lovely to fly, the Device possibly needs a few tweaks for days like today.

I hope you all enjoyed the day as much as I did. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Les said:

Was impressed with Paul and his Orden,well flown in every round.

Thanks for the kind words Les, it was good to be back out on the hill again 👍

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MikeE said:

Paul's Orden looked very suited to the day and Paul flew some aggressive lines, for a well deserved podium.

Thanks for your words and well done on another win Mike 👍

• Like 2

Mark Richards

Great to get out on the hill again. Thanks to Andy and Les for organising everything. Well done to Mike for placing first in what was a competitive and keenly fought contest. Looking forward to the next one.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So it will come as no surprise that tomorrows comp is called OFF 

freezing cold low cloud and no wind ,with a possibility of still being covered in snow it’s not really a goer.

Thank you to those who did or were prepared to come this winter ,let’s hope we getting more comps in over the summer.

see you all soon .

Andy,Les 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Austin unpinned this topic