2023 Woolybacks 30th December

Andy_B

So we’ve not had a great time of competition dates lately ,therefore rather than hold a comp let’s just try for a get together on the 30th down in Wales .

No weather call ,just turn up and fly .Some of our best days in Wales have been like this.

Anyone who wants a quick introduction to F3F would find this ideal aswell.

Andy

• Like 4

On 16/12/2023 at 12:43, Andy_B said:

Some of our best days in Wales have been like this.

I’ll probably come if it’s not on the Crest and not too extreme. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Forecast has been awful for the last 6 or 7 days. Could set off to savour the memory of those many hours sat in a car on the slope with gallons of water sloshing down - or snow whipping horizontally past the windscreen!

The last Woollyback to have featured any flying was in 2018. (2019 there was no wind, 2020/21 were locked down, 2022 was wet.)

Perhaps its time to rethink the event. Beltane Woollyback anyone? (I’ve still got the trophies for 2019!)

The song lives on:  https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=p+j+proby+somewhere&mid=6596ACF5EB0D780178BE6596ACF5EB0D780178BE&FORM=VIRE

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy_B said:

Well 2023 looks like a re-run of 2022 ……anyone wanting to go feel free but I won’t be 😢

Full day winter flying seems to be a thing of the past now sadly?

1 hour ago, Andy_B said:

Well 2023 looks like a re-run of 2022 ……anyone wanting to go feel free but I won’t be 😢

Been looking at the weather each Day Andy, that is defo the right call ,even for a bit of fun racing around !

Unfortunate timing this always a risk in the winter . Just back from a day out in some ballistic air, just a couple of days early.

Hope to see you all in 2024!

Ian