Horsham F5J comp 19th May 2024

kevb

Here are the results for Sundays comp. A good time was had with a small entry a relaxed approach was used. 5 rounds flown with my club running a club comp between each round in the morning. Most slots had lift but once in the lift you had to stick with it as some strong sink sorted those that missed it out. Very tight results at the top all through the day. A proper thermal comp. Thanks all for coming and tell everyone what fun we had so we can get some more entries next year.

We are go. Comp is on first slot away at 10:00. See you all tomorrow.

Weather still looks ok but I will post on this site a go/ no go decision no later than 15:00 on Saturday 18th.

Get an entry in. LAST ENTRIES BY 18:00  ON 17th May

Horsham F5J comp on 19th May 2024. £10 entry on the day. Register on this post or email kevinbeale57@gmail.com. All welcome and help given to novices to comps. Comp flying will start promptly at 10 am. The club is giving up the field for the day so please enter to justify this closure. The field will be our usual Adversane site near Billingshurst West Sussex.

Entries so far, more needed

Kevin Beale

Colin Paddon

Graham Wicks

Garry Matthews

Eddy Small

Pete Mitchell

Ian Nicholls

Keith Fisher

MikeE

Martin Goddan

Richard Harris

Colin Lucas

Simon Conran 

Terry Stuckey

John Rutland

IMG_5th.jpg

IMG_4th.jpg

IMG_3rd.jpg

IMG_2nd.jpg

IMG_1st.jpg

Horsham F5J 2024 Results up to R5 RESULTS.pdf

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

Please add me to the list Kev.

Hope the ground will be firm enough for my van🥴

Garry Matthews

Hi Kevin,

Please add me to your list.

Thanks

Garry

• 2 weeks later...
keith fisher

Good evening Kev, two entries please, one for Richard Harris, and yours truly, many thanks Keith.

Hi Kevin,

Just in case you haven't noticed, Keith Fisher entry also asked for an entry for me.   (Or did you not want me as I bent my plane and left a hole in your field last year?)

Richard Harris

Loppy19

Sorry Kev, I will not be able to enter, sorry to mess you about

• Committee Member
Nick Jackson

Sorry - I'm now out. Family event just announced.

Thanks to Kevin, Colin and their helpers for a great day, well worth the travel for me and I'm sure for everyone, but a pity there weren't more entries.

I enjoyed seeing the Club contest going on between rounds in the morning and with only 3 Groups per F5J Round it didn't interfere with the main event, in fact giving us a rest between them.

Keith did a magnificent job of explaining to an initially irate lady, thinking the models had camera's, what was the contest detailed and that the gliders did not have them. She left happy (Keith's charm?) and obviously told her boyfriend with a gun to stand down.   

Keith Fisher unfortunately had a radio problem ending with his Metris in a large tree to be recovered by tree surgeons on Monday.

Here's a few photo's I grabbed all edited with duplicates closer.

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0812 e 1.jpg

IMG_0814.e.jpg

IMG_0815 e.jpg

IMG_0816 e.jpg