Sign in to follow this  
Jef Ott

What models will you be flying at Multi Launch Comps?

Jef Ott

Just to get the ball rolling...Frenesi (height limiter electric) for calm weather.Blaster3 (DLG) back-up for calm weather.

Reichard Rapid (height limiter electric) for windy weather.ST Models Blaze back-up for windy weather. So, what you got?

Best regards,

Jef

grj

Jeff

I think this is the great joy of multilaunch, it's bring wot you got.I flew the first comps run by Aldershot and Sussex where you judged what to fly on the day and there was some of the essence of the old Open comps, certainly for the winch launch competitors. Let the electrics launch, if you fly a wooden ship, meander up the line and go to where the leccy's indicate the lift is.

If you fly a mouldie, watch everybody else and zoom up the line in 10 secs. But importantly everybody times on an equal footing and starting at pretty much the same height, so it's more of a gliding comp for all. DLG? Well you do your own thing and the way Richard Swindells launches you still get to give everybody else a run for their money. I find it a fun and tactical comp and of course scores count to Multilaunch and, if you fly the same model throughout, to the class specific leagues too.So what do I fly? Graphite on calm light lift days; Electric Pulsar on good bubbly days, Eraser on windy days.

Not sure I'm in with a chance with a DLG.Looking forward to Radioglide this year as there lot's of opportunities to try all the toys in the first two days and then put the experience into practice in Multilaunch on Monday. That's assuming I don't get soaked like last year.

Graham

Bernie Jones

Not a bad idea

So what will i be flying at most comps this yearBig/mid wind model Superstarlight E Hacker A20-6xl 3s lipo TP 2300/65 Prop 16x10

Mid/low wind modelPulsar 3.6 electric with Hacker B50-9 6-7.1 3s TP 2300/65 prop 16x10

low/no wind model Ava Pro 4 meter Electric with Hacker B50-11 6-7.1 2x 2s TP 1750/45 prop 18x4spare for a line tow any wind is good (but would needto borrow winch) Full carbon Superstarlight

Bernie

PeteMitchell

My main model is my trusty Xplorer 3.5 Xtail, especially as I have now got a new pair of wing tips to take the wingspan up to 3.8mtrs. Makes for a model that can cope with many conditions :)

If there is no wind I will use my Hyper Ava.The only flaw in my plan for the year is that I have to decide which model to fly, and I am well know for choosing the wrong one :D Unfortunately no more dlg for me :(

BTW Jef, I hope you do make the trip to Radioglide.