Sign in to follow this  
EssexBOF

Multi launch

EssexBOF

Is there any other flyers who are interested in this type of event, other than ELG flyers?Having entered about 4 over the past year, there is little take up from the other classes that qualify, leaving approx 90% entry being electric models.Leaves me to wonder as to why they are run.

grj

Brian

The rules try to give everybody a level playing field regardless of launch method and incorporate a window which gives the 'wooden ships' the option to compete against 'plastic rockets', something pilots asked for. The reality probably is that most thermal flyers have now gone electric which is inevitable given the development of motors, batteries and models and the obvious convenience. But to have a comp which involves as wide a gamut of interest as possible, including electric and handlaunch was seen as an oportunity to allow all members to compete.

Remember not only do the scores count towards the Multilaunch league but also to individual classes, Electric, Open, 100s, Miniglider. There are hardly any Open comps being run this season and only a handful of 100s, so Multilaunch is the ideal opportunity for these flyers to get to compete in a true soaring competition with the added interest of comparing the relative flight performances. There is no harm done in running Multilaunch and if the majority fly electric then so be it.

Graham

Austin

Myself I prefer pure Open or F3J but might do the occasional Multilaunch. Probably most of the other Open/F3J pilots are the same. We are only left with the die-hards of our tasks.

I think you may see a few new faces from F3J in Multilaunch at Radioglide.

grj

That was the hope when we formatted RG this year. Be good to see as many people as poss enjoying a great weekends fying.