Stingrays

Andy_B

wmRaybarcs.jpg

Well here's a start for the slope forum . I've just flown my 2nd Stingray for the first time on Sunday , for those that arnt aware of what it is . The Stingray was a Polish design study to replace the full size Fox/Swift  that has up to date not been completed in full size, however two manufacturers have brought models of it to the market . X-Models and Wings and More, the former is 2.9M  and the later 3.3m both are designed for high speed high energy aerobatics at which they are both very good.

I've been lucky to have had both variants although I didn't have the X-mods one for very long . Ill add video and photos as I go along into here . 

Andy

• Administrators

isoaritfirst said:

Started piecing a few bits of video together, not sure how to link a Vimeo into here yet.
Try this, click on the share button on the Vimeo video, then click "preview your share email", copy the URL under "you can watch it live here" and paste that URL directly into your post, it should show.

Woodstock said:

So, Andy, where on earth did you find a WaM Stingray???
I was surprised how manythere are about ................just not many over here ....drooling.gif

I never did fly the Swift John ......Andy had it before I flew it ...The Ray is more akin to a  bullet proof scalie ...so similar to the Swift   but you dont have to worry about breaking anything in the air . If it wasnt for the expense of the things I'd tell everyone to have one ....I'm thnking of ordering another one at the min...Team RS colours are calling me

cliffhanger

I'm making up a ballast tube similar to our French friend Sylvain (see pic)I'm not familiar with that sort of ballast loading system- what is used to stop the ballast or spacer dropping out of the tube at the loading end when inverted?TRI9CEC.jpg

You wouldnt normally cut the slot the same size as slugs Rog ...............if its cut smaller you can still get the slugs in .....really its then just a case of making sure they dont move around

isoaritfirst

Like Andy said , but also make the ballast sit behind the slot then the last (retaining) piece squeezed into the open slot can be a piece of EPP.

slope_dragon_x

Woodstock said:

Andy didn't get the chance to fly the Swift.  I wonder how often the other Andy flies it now?
Whenever he can find a mug to launch it.  doh.gif