AlliaJ First thoughts.

isoaritfirst

isoaritfirst

what's the AUW of this e-alibarge?

Just about right.   :) ( guesstimate that its about the same as the empty glider version with half the wing joiner ballast in place.)

I can add some weight by filling the wing joiner.

I can also use 2 x batteries in parallel - but need to add 20g to the tail to correct the balance

I'm using Turnigy 2200 65C 3 cell Lipos

If you are doing any aerobatics, or lots of fast runs with climbs in between, and want any sort of duration you will definitely need the two packs in parallel, I use 3300 3s in a smaller glider.  But what I am sure of is that it will be fun   8-)

• Like 1

isoaritfirst

The world is a strange place.

AllibarbiJ now has her tash - and very large and french it looks too

If you are doing any aerobatics, or lots of fast runs with climbs in between, and want any sort of duration you will definitely need the two packs in parallel, I use 3300 3s in a smaller glider.  But what I am sure of is that it will be fun   8-)

THAT wasn't the dark side I was talking about :blink: !  I was thinking more 850 - 1500 max mAh, where the power system is a launch method only :unsure: ....

• 3 weeks later...
isoaritfirst

Test flew at home just before leaving for the trip down to la Muela, used 800mah after around half hours flight and five or six climbs.

At Panat in mid s France launched off in search of a few thermals. Big Hill, long way down, and I went down... To explore, happy in my new toys ability to come back when asked. Started coming back fine then a small black thing seemed to fall away from the model, which was a speck in the distance. The model kept coming and it took a few moments before I realized something was afoot. Thought I had lost a blade, so throttled back put the nose down a little and ran for the slope, had just enough to land safely on the face just clearing the trees. No prop or spinner... Thankfully Andreas has found me a replacement and I have now knotched

the shaft so should be good for the rest of the hols

Test flew at home just before leaving for the trip down to la Muela, used 800mah after around half hours flight and five or six climbs.

At Panat in mid s France launched off in search of a few thermals. Big Hill, long way down, and I went down... To explore, happy in my new toys ability to come back when asked. Started coming back fine then a small black thing seemed to fall away from the model, which was a speck in the distance. The model kept coming and it took a few moments before I realized something was afoot. Thought I had lost a blade, so throttled back put the nose down a little and ran for the slope, had just enough to land safely on the face just clearing the trees. No prop or spinner... Thankfully Andreas has found me a replacement and I have now knotched

the shaft so should be good for the rest of the hols

You didn't forget the thread lock did you Mike?

• Like 1

Does anyone use anything extra with a collet fitting (compressing onto the shaft with a conical outer collar)?

I use a thin smear of CA on the shaft before tightening, just in case - yet easily cracked away.

I don't know if it's really necessary but never had a prop go AWAL.

Hmmm ...... yet.

Ro.

• 4 years later...