F3F spreadsheet

Bobbyr

Silly to ask ,But is there a way to look at individual Leg times In the KPT F3F spreadsheet ?It would be interesting to peruse , So if you know , Please share in your Understanding of another Bill gates invention grin.gifCheers , and its nice here , bit quiet at the Mo , but i think there will soon be a party clap.gifBob

Not for the welsh events - we only write down the final time which then gets put in the spreadsheet - a bit manual unfortunately.  The timing gear does show the fastest leg and current leg time.  This is lost when you start the timer for the next competitor - hence the times I gave you for your first leg were from memory.  The Yorkshire folks record the scores directly into a mini computer, but even the I think it only records the final time. Simon

Thank you Simon ,         Just thought they was there somewhere , and i couldnt find them .tongue.gif                   Bob                                                         

reto.blumer

Just for information, the wireless timing system I developed this past winter (still debugging to do...) records run times on an SD memory card together with altitude gain time, individual legs, and - when the wind station works - wind speed and deflection averages.Some information is to be found here: http://pureaircarving.blogspot.....ystem.htmlI am currently working on optimizing this diy project and I should have a flawless system at the end of the summer.Cheers.Reto

isoaritfirst

That's some great work Reto, It should make organisers jobs so much easier, and could mean more rounds flown by the end of the day.  Mike evans

reto.blumer

Mike, the number of rounds flown shouldn't depend so much on the organizer, but rather on the gliders speed ;-)CheersReto

isoaritfirst

How many times have you been to La Muela Reto?  In fairness, I think they have it sorted now with the new team onboard..

reto.blumer

When it slows down, let's fly in pairs to speed things up a bit… By the way (returning to thread), I prepared a google doc spreadsheet to post-process the contest logs from my timing system. In the case there's at least some mobile phone signal on the slope, I use my android phone as wireless access point to paste the run results from the netbook into the specific tab of the google doc. The contest result is automatically calculated in the last tab of the spreadsheet.If I embeded the empty result table in a web page in advance of the contest, the final result table is made available online a few minutes after pasting the run results! Quite handy: fast online results, easy download of the table in PDF for result proclamation, easy browsing of results by the pilots on their mobile phones while driving home.I wrote a post about this on my blog here. There's a link to the a copy of the spreadsheet if someone wants to download it to his google repository.If someone uses it, thanks for your feedback for eventual enhancements.CheersReto

That really is cool cool.gif,           All lap times , how long to start off of 30 seconds (although i dont see how 30 seconds can be a whole number on your F3F sheet , but i guess that bugs are inherant till sorted).  so much info , from start to finish , really excellent . Did you write your own script file and run it through a laptop ?        If so any chance of a copy ?                                Bob

reto.blumer

@Mike: thanks!@Bob: the 30s represents in fact when the full 30 seconds (or more) were used to enter the run… I still have to add a counter to get the full figure when it exceeds 30 seconds. For now it's like "30 seconds or more". You may find some basic but interesting stats about this contest, like standard deviation of leg times, in this document.I wrote my own scripts (called sketches in the Arduino Open Source environment), but many technical parts are largely influenced by other open source projects. The language is similar to C++.As soon as it's debugged a little more, when I feel confident with functionality and have a some flawless uses in the field, I may publish it all including components list, schematics and codes. But this could be not earlier than this autumn.There are still some range and antenna shadowing tests to do. The 2.4GHz radio modem transmissions could eventually be jumpy because of the modules held quite near the ground.And some software reset switch has to be added, as well as some config options that I still should implement.I'll post updates on my page when things get sorted out.One of the most appreciated feature during the last Swiss Cup contest was that the system speaks! It's quite nice for pilot and spectators to have current information about what's going on on the racing edge. Countdowns are there in voice and figured out on the LCD, leg counts are spoken out automatically, as well as run results and eventual penalties.But since this has almost nothing to do with the F3F calculation sheet of the present thread, I'll stop here!