Sign in to follow this  
simon_t

BMFA F3F Nationals 2011

simon_t

With the Nats fast approaching (25/26th June at the Bwlch S. Wales), this thread is for folks to ask questions, share thoughts and provide feedback - probably get some results up as the weekend progresses. Simon

Sloper

Well so far for once, the forecast is looking promising for both days, hope it sticks!

Martin_N

Well if it isn't we now have someone to blame.

Rooster-X

I've never been to the Bwlch before, so where and what time are we meeting on Saturday morning? I'll be travelling down Friday morning so will be without e-mail / Internet after Thursday night  Ahh the thrill of not having information at my finger tips :) Tom

Sloper

Martin_N said:

Well if it isn't we now have someone to blame.
Doh! ill get my coatcrying.gif

Martin_N

Rooster-X said:

I've never been to the Bwlch before, so where and what time are we meeting on Saturday morning? I'll be travelling down Friday morning so will be without e-mail / Internet after Thursday night  Ahh the thrill of not having information at my finger tips :) Tom Hi Tom I will post here tonight and on the other place  along with Yahoo groups, all the information you will need for the weekend Thanks Martin

Rocket Ronnie

Hi GuysGood luck to everyone taking part in the F3F Nats.I'm working on Sunday so can't join you all.Looking for my next F3F ship any advise would be welcome.Ronaldo.

simon_t

If you want to get familiar with the slopes, here is the link to the Bwlch slope page on the SWSA website - We will likely be on Mickeys with the current forecast, so park at the T junction as described for the Ice Cream Slope http://mikey.rchomepage.com/bwlch.htm Simon

Martin_N
Hi All, To confirm registration for the BMFA Nationals & First stage of the World Championship Qualifiers to be held on the 25th & 26th June in South Wales is now closed. I will follow up shortly with the list of registered pilots, frequencies, meet time and location etc, if you have registered and cannot see your name on the list, please notify me as soon as possible so I can check and amend the list. Thanks Martin

Martin_N

Hi All,

Please find details below for Saturday and Sunday, I am sure someone will notice something missing, so please reply to this mail.

Saturday 25th June.
  • Meet at the 'T' Junction of the Ice Cream car park at 8:30.
  • I will collect money and hand out pilot bibs.
  • Please have your valid insurance with you for confirmation. Note: I am able to check with the BMFA, if you have by chance lost or your dog has eaten your insurance.
  • A decision on slope will be made by the CD's, we will aim for a 9:30am start, if possible.
  • Pilots Briefing.
  • Last round in progress will be at 5pm, however a decision maybe made on the day to change the time.
I have attached a map of the meet location, if anyone has a better description please forward on. Anyone intending to arrive earlier, I will be at the carpark for 8am, it will at least help with collecting money and handing out the bibs. Sunday 26th June:
  • Meet at the 'T' Junction of the Ice Cream car park at 9:00am.
  • A decision on slope will be made by the CD's, we will aim for a 10:00am start, if possible.
  • Pilots Briefing.
  • Last round in progress will be at 4:30pm
  • Results and Presentations.

We had a few  frequency clashes, so please look at the pilot list below to confirm your frequency. It is not the flight order for the weekend. If you are aware for any reason that you are now unable to travel for the event, can you please notify me as soon as possible. 

1Martin Newnham2.4Ghz
2Simon Thornton2.4Ghz
3Joel West2.4Ghz
4Ian Mason82
5Kev Knewton77 / 68
6Mike Evans80
7Frank Hulton70
8Greg Dakin2.4Ghz
9Jason Bioletti2.4Ghz
10Mark Abbotts2.4Ghz/56
11Tony Roberston2.4Ghz
12Mike Shellim64
13Rich Bago2.4Ghz
14Paul Stubley65 / 88
15Mick WalshSynth
16Peter Gunning2.4Ghz
17Clayton Landells2.4Ghz
18Dave Rumble2.4Ghz
19Keith Wood2.4Ghz
20Adam Richardson2.4Ghz/Synth
21Tom Foreman2.4Ghz
22Mark Redsell2.4Ghz
23Jon Edison66
24Paul Upton2.4Ghz
25Scott Ravenscroft2.4Ghz
26Paul Middleton69 / snyth
27Mark Treble72
28John Treble84
29Andrzej TaberoTBC
30John Phillips2.4Ghz
31Peter Burgess2.4Ghz

I look forward to meeting up with you all Saturday morning, I will check with Andrzej regards flying Friday, in the past this has been ok but I will confirm.

Many thanks

Martin

simon_t

Rocket Ronnie said:

Hi GuysGood luck to everyone taking part in the F3F Nats.I'm working on Sunday so can't join you all.Looking for my next F3F ship any advise would be welcome.Ronaldo.
Thanks Ronnie.  Couldn't you be a Toxic Test Pilot? Simon

Bobbyr

Yes , as ronnie say's          Good luck all , May the Best Man Win clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif                                                            Bob

Rooster-X

Rocket Ronnie said:

Hi Ronnie, the Xenon / Ambrosia is really easy to fly, has brought my flying on so much that I can now fly my Artist better, worth a look. CheersTom

satinet

Tom, The place they meet is here:http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?.....'z=14 The map is centred on the T junction – there is obvious off street parking here (and often an ice cream van). This is where the normal meet place is.  I think there is a dragon painted on some rocks from memory.  In terms of the slopes, on that map you will see a small white road leading off from near the junction – this is up to Mickey's IIRC.  Off to the east down a foot path is the Ice Cream slope. Up the A4107 is the Wrecker/Back of Wrecker and the Crest (a little further up). http://mikey.rchomepage.com/pi.....lchmap.gifGood luck everyone!T

Rooster-X

Cheers, I know where to go now 

Martin_N

Hi All,Andrzej Has got back to me, we are all good to fly tomorrow, providing you are all insured of course .  It looks like it will be on Mickey's, we haven’t any guarantee that the gate will be open, so you may need the hiking boots on to get up there.If the Para-glider people are around please make sure you allow them the right of way on the slope.  I would recommend a quick chat with them, so they understand your intentions ,to fly and where. Fingers crossed I should be down around 3ish, so see you in the slope.Thanks Martin

Rooster-X

Car fixed, all packed just waiting for Paul and then we hit the road, see you all on the slope this afternoon, fingers crossed. Cheers Tom

Martin_N

Glad to here the cars all fixed Tom, did you get any flying in on the slope before the rain came in?

simon_t

well, the weather is doing it's best to frustrate us at the top of the Bwlch. The wind is fine, but we are still under a layer of hill fog, although the rain has mostly stopped. It might clear later and allow us to get a couple of rounds in, but we might have to wait until tomorrow to get underway. Simon

Guest Jon_s

lol. Well I have just had three how's of flying here in Kent. Smooth sw winds and loads of thermals too. Best of luck on the back of wrecker tomorrow. :)