F3F videos.

Skip

@Skip - this one is "beyond the sea" - its got the new Baudis MRS (*) fitted

@Ro - yep - you got it !

(was going to be Bobby Darin - but vimeo now have copyright blocking & blocked it)

Phil.

(* Marine Repulsion System)

On 03/01/2015 at 19:54, Phil.Taylor said:

@Skip - this one is "beyond the sea" - its got the new Baudis MRS (*) fitted

Phil.

(* Marine Repulsion System)

That's just evil Phil, .... but very funny :D lol

Stu.

On 03/01/2015 at 19:43, jlsalas said:

Nice one John, I wish you good luck with your new machine....I know that time flies but you got a new one really quick

Jose Luis

It might seem like Baudis have a really quick service, but it is not so. I ordered this one in August. It was sent from Baudis on the same day that I had my unfortunate incident with the deep blue sea.

Nonetheless, I think Baudis' wait times are not unreasonable (especially for an individual paint job). What is more, they are very good at predicting when a model will be ready, so if they say three months, three months (give or take a day or two) it will be.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry about the poor quality I didn't check the camera settings before handing it over but I think you will get an idea of what it was like today.

• Like 4

Real nice - big, coastal air, doesn't get much better than that.......only downside is removing the salt from your gimbals!

Cheers,

Greg

Real nice - big, coastal air, doesn't get much better than that.......only downside is removing the salt from your gimbals!

Cheers,

Greg

It was nice conditions, but a shame when conditions got stronger and landing became more difficult. At 15-16ms it was ok but once it started to get around the 20ms it was a bit more interesting, with a massive shear layer that just carried the glider.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When it comes to mount positions, one that I think gives an interesting angle is...........

That got my eyebrows raised  :huh:

Sat in the house watching flying videos. Not sad much .......

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
primitivebow
On 27/02/2014 at 19:28, mark_r said:

We live in a beautiful country! One of the really enjoyable parts of slope flying is getting out to some stunning countryside.

Indeed, beautiful countryside you guys have in UK.

Writing to you from Southern Spain, very beautiful here too, but we lack the grass landing runways you have over there, so limiting our choice for slopes.

If any of you come over on holidays, bring your glider.

• 2 months later...

NIce video Mark,  I do enjoy the beach airshows.  I was surprised whilst doing a bit of gardening last month to see the Vulcan doing circuits & passing twice over my house!! It was on its way to Fairford

Edited by rumbey