F3F videos.

Skip

• 1 month later...

During last years (2018) Welsh Open F3f competition, Kevin Newton live streamed a significant amount of the event onto facebook. Fortunately for me Kevin captured  my day 1 round 2 flight, this was to be the fastest time of the 3 full days of racing, this being 38.17 . 

Kevin has very kindly allowed me post this footage here on BARCS. 

Slope is  the 'Crest' at The Bwlch, South Wales.

Thank you Kevin, so very much appreciated .

418493783_40912831_2031421166870519_2404840609522122752_n(Large).thumb.jpg.1c09ba2019a93d57e22f0e15f35a4300.jpg

Receiving my  trophy for the fastest time, from competition organiser Kevin Newton.  Photo by Danniel Schneider.

Stu. 

• Like 5

Well done white sheet member Stu! It’s nice to know the early mornings are paying off! Lol. 

Midweek Mike. 

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
Phil.Taylor

Sunshine and an easterly wind yesterday afternoon - had to be a trip to Beer Head - with the Jedi Space Lift &  my newly upgraded hard-hat-cam .  Of course the wind dropped & went crossed while I was setting up, so all the ballast came back out again - still good fun though in approx 15-20mph - soaring with the gulls, aerobatics, speed runs & F3F stuff.

My first 1080p slope video - shot on an Olympus EPL5 camera  zoomed to 80mm (FF/35mm equiv) for tighter framing .

Comments welcomed!

Phil.

• Like 10

Phil.Taylor

Thanks for the "likes" guys - nice to know someone is watching - makes it worthwhile carting the gear to the slope, looking dorky wearing a hard-hat with a camera bolted to the top, then spending hours editing the video, finding suitable music for it & uploading it.

Bruce - glad you like Marco Sfogli - a recent surprise discovery for me - whilst finding out who all the Ibanez "Artist Model" guitarists are. Andy Timmons is also well worth a listen to.

Phil.

• Like 1

Great video and editing, will have to look for a camera that is able to get footage like yours Phil, really good and thanks for posting.  

• Like 1

isoaritfirst

Nice job Phil. 

I’m not suggesting this would improve your videos but if you enjoy editing, 

i did one video for experimental purposes where the camera was set at a wide angle and put on my tranny box. I then flew in the “box”. Because I was using a high resolution, zooming and panning could be done in the editing. It was suprising how much zoom could be applied before loss of quality became a real problem. 

The other thing I used to like to do was take lots of video from different angles and then clip them together.  It’s easier with F3f style runs were the similar flight patterns allow different clips to be joined without loss of continuity. 

IMO Appearing to have several cameras filming the same run makes a big difference to the end result. 

Nigel Castle

Great Video, you must have spent as much time sorting out the edit as you did flying?

Well worth all the effort though...……….

• 6 months later...
Marc RC pilot

Lovely smooth flying Phil! 

Lovely looking sailplane as well... She looks like she can soar with the grace of those birds and come at ya like a spitfire!  

Magic moment at 1.50mins with our masters...nice one

Thx for sharing/great video quality

👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Rare opportunity yesterday for FS5 F3F practice at Whitesheet - with video.

I make no claims to great flying - but some of those turns look good to me - mix of turn styles. Similar conditions to the English Open - variable & crossed from the left - shame the FS5 was out of action then.

Phil.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
Marc RC pilot

Absolutely brill! Such elegant thoroughbred beasts flown under such control...Well done to all in video (cows count :) ). Love the music themes and thank you for making/sharing Favonius.

• 7 months later...