F3F videos.

Skip

Pretty neighbourhood!  Sort of seems odd to hear that sound track with it.... So, the qualities great - please don't attach it to a plane (very boring for others): stick it to your head to film flying!

After the wind direction couldn't make its mind up (FS still not flown:) I went down the flat field with my Pike Perfect and a Go Pro. Not the most exciting video but I'm really pleased with the image quality.

Gonesoaring2003

Thanks Joel,

Looks good, the Pike Perfect looks like good fun as well. You got the best of the weather too!

Alex

That is some top class Video Joel,

I think it adds a new perspective to a persons Flying ,

Quality is perfect , but may i ask why its not Wide-screen , or is that just the Editing suit default 4;3

Regardless its still great quality .

Bob

jwest532 said:

After the wind direction couldn't make its mind up (FS still not flown:) I went down the flat field with my Pike Perfect and a Go Pro. Not the most exciting video but I'm really pleased with the image quality.
Great video all the way up to about 1:40, when my visual enjoyment was impaired by an ugly mug appearing....

Simon

Bobbyr said:

That is some top class Video Joel,            I think it adds a new perspective to a persons Flying ,                                   Quality is perfect , but may i ask why its not Widescreen , or is that just the Editing suit default 4;3        Regardless its still great quality .                             Bob
Hi Bob I wish I could answer your question about the widescreen thing.  The truth is that i pressed a couple of buttons and that how it turned out :((((((

What bike is that ? I have a GSXR 1000 K3 which occasionally lifts it's front as well ; not much action since getting back into slope soaring last summer tho' ;)

Gonesoaring2003 said:

So how did u mount the camera Joel? With the casing or without?

Hi Alex

After some thought (well not that much) I mounted it in the case using the sticky pads provided. I put down some diamond tape first so I can get it of without damaging the wing skin.

Joel

Elliot said:

It needed a lot of up trim and felt like the wind shadow created by the cam and mount was effecting the flow over the tail.Might be something to consider in a big blow with a lot of airspeed.I am going to try mounting it on the wing next.
When it comes to mount positions, one that I think gives an interesting angle is having the camera mounted high above one wing tip looking across the wings. That way you only have the side area of the camera to worry about. The stand can be two plates of corr-ex aligned with the air stream so it doesn't have a high weight or aerodynamic effect.

There's a nice video somewhere of a glider flying round a hot air balloon like that, but I can't seem to find it just now.