F3F videos.

Skip

simon_t said:

Great video all the way up to about 1:40, when my visual enjoyment was impaired by an ugly mug appearing....

Simon

The next time, this ugly mug is going to drive passed you :D

Bobbyr said:

Joel ,            Dont take it as an Insult mate , Its a really good video at any screen format .                                                            Bob        
None taken, however if anybody has advise on uploading settings it would be good to hear about them. I've had a look at the vimeo tutorial on the subject.  That was quite helpful.  I've noticed that my videos don't work on Iphones, does anybody know why this would be?

After the wind direction couldn't make its mind up (FS still not flown:) I went down the flat field with my Pike Perfect and a Go Pro. Not the most exciting video but I'm really pleased with the image quality.

The go pro works great but such hoonage with an F3J model is very naughty.

As was the wheelie ness.

You are a very naughty boy

Peter G said:

After the wind direction couldn't make its mind up (FS still not flown:) I went down the flat field with my Pike Perfect and a Go Pro. Not the most exciting video but I'm really pleased with the image quality.The go pro works great but such hoonage with an F3J model is very naughty. As was the wheelie ness. You are a very naughty boy

What can I say Pete. I ride my bike like I fly my planes – Normally fast but always with little control :p

Managed to go flying in Holland today!Bobby,if you thought the last hill was small....!

I made another small vid with the gopro.My camera women isn't much cop though :rolleyes: haha.

Anyway....

Hahhah Thats Cool Elliot , Tis a bit small :D

What wind speed was that mate ? looks about 30 Knots to me , but there could be a reef/sandbank that makes the water frothy . Regardless its cool ,

are you there training or Racing ?

Bob

I think the wind was around 25-28k at a guess.The slope was pretty gentle and but worked well considering. Give it a go Rog,its alot of fun. It was also nice to meet some locals there,who were enjoying he big wind.

gopro fixed with more hacking (focus and lens swappable without opening...on origianl lens at the moment) :)…I wouldnt recommend doing it again though. The threads are fine and easy to cross thread (M12 x 0.5mm). But its working, Lens straight and focussed again. Next fly day I'll tape it to a wing tip….I know woodstock….but its for me to see my slopes and location from the air :).

I am not going to raise it much, as I don;t want a big lever yanking in the wing skin. I think nI will put some tape on the wing, tape on the camera and then use some 3M doubled sided sign tape to stick the taped camera to the taped area….then to removed use dental floss to saw through the foam inner of the 3M, and then removed tape from wing/cam. Should be strongenough…but removable.I have another lens mod planned…but will post when its done :)

Stu

• 3 weeks later...
Stefan Bertschi

The Video from the F3F Swiss Championships held in Glastonbury (no actually in La Roche but it was about that muddy)

Filmed by Martin Ulrich

Nice video, gives you a real sense of the day, with all the mountains in the background. Slope looked very gentle I guess it didn't generate a lot of lift. Well done with the win! :clap:

Tom

Hi Stefan, first off congratulations on your victory with the Radical :clap: , and secondly thanks for posting the video - that slope site sure looks shallow! :eek:

Cheers

Greg

Wow nice video. I'm pretty much a noob to this lark, but even to my untrained eye that slope really does look really shallow. I guess I've still a lot to learn about using available lift :o

Stefan Bertschi

Thank you all for the compliments.

Yes, the slope was pretty shallow (at least compared with the Bwlch, Hole of Horcum and others alike), and it wouldn't have worked with less wind. The wind wasn't stable over the whole day, but astonishingly there wasn't a 'unfair' spread within the rounds. Times varied between 45.xx (~ 12 m/sek in round 3) to low 50ties (~ 6 - 9 m/sek). There was a slight influence of thermals which - if you got one - really helped on the left base. The biggest problem (my opinion) with the slope is the fact, that there is another small hill in front of it (1 km in distance), which caused the wind (not sure about that) to either drift around and come slightly crossed in lower windspeed or produced some turbulences in higher windspeed. But overall it was a nice day on hill showing that a F3F Scene is developing in Switzerland and with the better end for myself :D .

Cheers