F3F videos.

Skip

NIce video Mark,  I do enjoy the beach airshows.  I was surprised whilst doing a bit of gardening last month to see the Vulcan doing circuits & passing twice over my house!! It was on its way to Fairford

Dave

Apparently there is a Vulcan pilot dining out on a story of flying over your house and seeing you gardening and not playing tennis. He had to go over twice to make sure he wasn't seeing things!

Martin

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Watched this this morning in an attempt to get some kip after a night shift......

Bleedin thing kept me awake for nearly an hour!! 

I really enjoyed it!

• Like 3

Yep, this is the video that really kicked off a ground swell of F3F popularity. I remember spectating at the event and being absolutely blown away by the Welsh mountains, model technology and pilot ability. It inspired me to return the following year with my V-Ultra Pico and have a little go myself. That was 16 years ago - scary!!!

Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Greg

Not quite F3F, more of a precursor in the form of man on man racing. Terrific performance from my old chum Mark Passingham, who went head to head with Joe Wurts in Southern California with his Sigma II design. Jim Hammond, Chris Greengrass and Dave Woods in the frame too.....

https://vimeo.com/136698629

Cheers,

Greg

Thank you Skip for reminding me of my lost opportunity of the World Record, 40 minutes in, 34.8 seconds with a 3 second loop , or "Killer cut"  ............... bother it  !!!

Edited by f3fman
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting that Vid Skip, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the whole vid starting at 2.00am this morning after being unable to sleep.

Having very recently not being able to compete in this years Welsh Open it would have been excellent to have had such a video of the event. Maybe someone might be happy to volunteer to make a similar video of one of our future comps. At large events such as the Welsh and English Open's, the Nationals, Champ of Champs, Slopeglide etc, a pilot excused base buzzer duties would have plenty of time to video the event. 

It does of course come down to finding that volunteer, hopefully having read this post he'l think similar to myself and step forward to make a video record of a few of our large comps in 2016.

Stu.

• Like 1

I may be old fashioned but I really think the flight by flight commentary adds enormously to the interest of this video.

Exactly John .

Stu.

Edited by Gromit

Thank you Skip for reminding me of my lost opportunity of the World Record, 40 minutes in, 34.8 seconds with a 3 second loop , or "Killer cut"  ............... bother it  !!!

I know!! You'd have been kicking yourself for a while after that! 

And Simon held the WR for a round or so too!

It was great to see some familar names.

Thanks for posting that Vid Skip, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the whole vid starting at 2.00am this morning after being unable to sleep.

Having very recently not being able to compete in this years Welsh Open it would have been excellent to have had such a video of the event. Maybe someone might be happy to volunteer to make a similar video of one of our future comps. At large events such as the Welsh and English Open's, the Nationals, Champ of Champs, Slopeglide etc, a pilot excused base buzzer duties would have plenty of time to video the event. 

It does of course come down to finding that volunteer, hopefully having read this post he'l think similar to myself and step forward to make a video record of a few of our large comps in 2016.

Stu.

I've organised to borrow a couple of cameras for the German Open and I'm going to try to make a decent vid. I'm sure it took Richard a LOOOONG time and lots of effort to come up with that fantastic video so I might not reach the same dizzy heights, but I'll try. I now have a Mac, so I might be sble to achieve something half-decent.

I've been itching to do some local comps too, but videography takes a lot of time and money away from the mainhobby/family. And I often end up in the CD chair at local comps.

See how I go with the Geman Open and hopefully something from the Mynd too.

• Like 1

The Dslr I organised to borrow doesn't have video (either does mine) so I'll be 'making do' with a borrowed GoPro. Hopefully It'll be interesting. Looking forward to being able to capture footage of a much better quality than I have ever been able to previously.

• 2 weeks later...

Playlist from day 1 at the German Open.

Didn't take too many and mainly only 'us'

German Open 2015 day 1: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLONcvpGwbCKVQZ4WhAYsD_mg9x7T9LWdb

Playlist from day two of the German Open F3F on the Vitt slope.

Not many vids again. All taken with my phone.

German Open F3F 2015 Vitt: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLONcvpGwbCKVA9lmKepxWEmz2j5mNyAL7

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Some memories from the German Open 2015

I'm about to try to make a video of all the runs I filmed stitched into one. Unfortunately the quality of the run footage is a bit poor. It was fine on my phone, less fine after sending to youtube, less again after downloading from youtube to my computer and we'll see what pops out of iMovie later.

• Like 5

• 4 months later...
Phil.Taylor

Double maiden yesterday - Ceres bitsa & RaceM Ultimate - very light & crossed conditions at Colley Hill - busy airspace too with other slopers. Good enough to get them both trimmed out - looking forward to seeing them really moving in good air.

Phil.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Phil.Taylor

Ceres-X !

Saturday evening was a rare 40mph SE wind onto a favourite Devon slope - excellent opportunity to really get the Ceres-X moving - fully ballasted to 3.8kg - big fun :)

Phil.

Ceres-X thread - here:

• Like 4