Slope and DS videos

Skip

Phil.Taylor

LET Models Taborca - truly a strange & wonderful flying machine. Just the second flight - maiden flight was a bit fraught getting it trimmed out - hopefully many more flights to come.

Phil.

• Like 2

Phil.Taylor
11 minutes ago, pete beadle said:

Hi Phil

A westerly at the Beacon, a video of the flight, only one other model in the same airspace at the time........

Doesn't get much better than this!:D

Congratulations! Well that's the Taborca, how about letting me know in advance when you'll be flying the Mamba? That I'd love to see that live!

I was at the Beacon today, four visitors, four ISA members, two L-O-N-G flights in a 15 mph north-westerly with my dear old "Esprit", two near-perfect landings and a pint of London Pride at the "Farmer's Boy" in Kensworth to round it all off..........what could be better? - NOT getting home in time for the footie and England's thrashing by Iceland, repeat ICELAND! that's what.......:(.

Ah well......

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702 

Hi Pete - that's cos everyone else stopped to watch this strange flying object !

and Messrs G&D Woods were enjoying the sun in their deckchairs - in between bouts of aerobatics & soaring - it was a great day out

Phil.

• 3 weeks later...
chiloschista

Hello,

not strictly related, but this is a time-lapse I did last week on Monte Catria.

Ric

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
Slope Soaring Sussex

I have just returned from my two week hols in the Gower, South Wales. Plenty of walking, surfing and enjoying the Gower ale but I did manage some flying while I was there. Not massively fast or super aerobatics but new places to fly with beautiful views. Hope you enjoy............

One of the days I met up with Steve from A470 Soaring and we had a few hours up at Rhossili Down. This video was filmed by Steve.

http://slopesoaringsussex.blogspot.co.uk/

On 22/08/2016 at 07:17, Phil.Taylor said:

Windy morning yesterday - blowing 40+mph on my local slope - ideal for full ballast in the RaceM Ulti

Phil, I don't know what you're using to edit your footage but it looks like you have an 'interlacing' issue with

your final rendering. See if you have a 'blend fields' or 'disable resample' setting somewhere and do a few

test renders with different settings. Bit of a faff to get the right settings but if you can, it will remove the slight

ghosting and sharpen things up a great deal! 

1 hour ago, paul w said:

Phil, I don't know what you're using to edit your footage but it looks like you have an 'interlacing' issue with

your final rendering. See if you have a 'blend fields' or 'disable resample' setting somewhere and do a few

test renders with different settings. Bit of a faff to get the right settings but if you can, it will remove the slight

ghosting and sharpen things up a great deal! 

Thanks Paul - its done in Sony Vegas Movie Studio - to a recipe which used to work ok with my old (720) camera - set the workfile properties same as the original video file, output/render as same resolution/framerate - haven't really done much video with new (1080) camera - bigger files, not necessarily better though. Since they are mostly viewed on-screen low-res the HD seems like overkill

Open to all suggestions for improvements in technique !

Phil.

Tilman Baumann

Resolution is probably not worth the big uploads.

But you could record and transcode in a non-interlaced format all the way through the pipeline. (The ones ending on p not i. As in 720p)

1 hour ago, Phil.Taylor said:

Thanks Paul - its done in Sony Vegas Movie Studio - to a recipe which used to work ok with my old (720) camera - set the workfile properties same as the original video file, output/render as same resolution/framerate - haven't really done much video with new (1080) camera - bigger files, not necessarily better though. Since they are mostly viewed on-screen low-res the HD seems like overkill

Open to all suggestions for improvements in technique !

Phil.

Hi Phil, I use Vegas too, so here is how approached it when I had the same problem....

Right click on the video clip in the timeline and go to 'properties' and do a sample render for each of the options 'smart resample' 'force resample' and 'disable resample'. Pick a few seconds of footage with lots of movement as this will show up the interlacing issues clearly. Also try in the 'media' tab at the top of the same window, the three options for the 'field order'. Only ever alter one parameter at a time for each test render, and if it works write it down somewhere....I can never remember what I've done a few weeks down the line! The magic setting will depend on your raw footage type so I can't give a definite answer, suffice to say it's worth an evening's fiddling about to get it sorted as your footage will be markedly more crisp when you get it right.

I'd agree with you both about the resolution, 1080 isn't really worth it unless you have some superbly lit, fabulously arty shots. I tend to spit a lot of my stuff out as Windows Media Video V11 files at 5mps and 720p.....keeps the file size down whilst maintaining the quality.

Let us know if you have any luck!

• 4 months later...
Slope Soaring Sussex

Had a great time up on the Bwlch flying the back of the wrecker on December 2016 with my Nan Xpro.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...