Slope and DS videos

Skip

Here's one from Sunday on Crook Peak, Razor slope. It is the 'Great Wall' 2.8m glass glider from T9, made by TJIRC of Mini Q fame. I am still setting it up (of course) and it seems to get better all the time as CG goes back. Luckily a friend John B was there to to shoot it with his phone. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
chiloschista
3 hours ago, oipigface said:

That’s lovely, Ric! Are your feet still in one piece?

Thanks 😃

Yes, feet are ok. My back is a bit tired instead, bringing up 15-20kg of gliders on top of mountains.

• 3 months later...

Big fun this afternoon - T-Master in 40mph wind on the south cliff at Beer Head, Devon

warning - also contains on-board footage -  to show the view - its an epic soaring site

Phil

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Phil.Taylor said:

Big fun this afternoon - T-Master in 40mph wind on the south cliff at Beer Head, Devon

warning - also contains on-board footage -  to show the view - its an epic soaring site

Phil

Looks a fabulous site Phil. What’s the best way to get to the cliffs, along common lane, and the car park there? 
Mike. 

3 hours ago, Mikeb52 said:

Looks a fabulous site Phil. What’s the best way to get to the cliffs, along common lane, and the car park there? 
Mike. 

Mike - sent you a PM

For anyone else who is interested - its a designated paraglider / hang-glider launch site - so we can only fly there when its blown-out for them - big wind - big fun

Phil.

1 hour ago, Phil.Taylor said:

Mike - sent you a PM

For anyone else who is interested - its a designated paraglider / hang-glider launch site - so we can only fly there when its blown-out for them - big wind - big fun

Phil.

I have been up there in paraglider-friendly conditions and co-habited with them very nicely. A lot of the local paraglider pilots seem to fly RC as well. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, chiloschista said:

You watched till the end?! Beer earned 🍺

Well. of course! I was fascinated by the paraglider pilot trudging up towards the slope.

11 hours ago, oipigface said:

Well. of course! I was fascinated by the paraglider pilot trudging up towards the slope.

Ah ah, yes indeed. At a moment there were 12 in flight. Fortunately they went away very quickly. But respect, they earn the flight walking up. 

• 1 month later...