Slope and DS videos

Skip

cliffhanger

Roy- can you find out where Clint got his amber goggles from? They look just what I need on dull (read the majority of!) days.

cliffhanger said:

I know it's been posted elsewhere, but I still like the graceful flowing flying of Simon from Stoke's 7 metre Duo Discus- very relaxing.
This has gotta be simon cocker!

Hi guys, first post here, been invited over by a friend to come and post some videos about what my friend Swiss Peter and I have been up to with ultralightweight builds of my Le Fish and Spindrift designs.It's been a wild time, Peter has built about half a dozen prototypes in the past month - he's a building machine! - and we are having a blast.To give an idea, the "normal" 1.6m Le Fish build comes out to around 1100g+/-.... we are now building these planes to less than half that weight, Peter has done one at 480g and mine, just finished on the weekend, came out to 470g and features an all moving Madslide-style tail.He built a 1.5m Spindrift to the ridiculously low flying weight of 390g and has built a few of the 2.1m Big Fish, with the lightest coming in at 680g! :) Anyways, the planes are optimized for light lift conditions and are capable of being well and truly aerobatic in as little as 4-5mph wind at our local slopes... which are by no means anywhere approaching the "epicness" of a place like the Bwlch.There's a build thread on RCGroups of the construction of my plane if anyone is interested: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums.....?t=1460543

And now for the videos already!! ;)

I have to reiterate that *all* of this has happened in the last 30 days... it's absolutely a wild and crazy time, the Le Fish has been on the market over 5 years but no one has done anything like this previously. It truly is a new frontier when you have a fully aerobatic plane capable of flying in *less* wind than a Weasel-Evo or Alula....

I try to imagine where we'll be in a couple years when the days of these crude prototypes are behind us and it boggles my mind. How lucky I feel to be part of all this!!

Steve 'surfimp' Lange

SlopeAerobatics.com

cliffhanger

Welcome to our crazy world Steve!

Wonder who will be the first on this side of the pond, to give a plane the "Swiss cheese" treatment ;) .

I reckon Phil Taylor (might have been me but I'm busy building a Stingray)

Phil.Taylor

Nah – the only cheese treatment mine get is more like "cheese rolling" down the slope :D

(Steve – you'll have to google that – so as not to derail this thread)

* thinks - cheese = milk = cows = Daisy!!! *

so here's my favourite Daisy video:

Phil.

cliffhanger said:

Wonder who will be the first on this side of the pond, to give a plane the "Swiss cheese" treatment ;) .

There is one alternative - and that's the Telink Multifun. I got mine down out of the rafters after seeing what these crazy people were doing, added a few inches of laminating film to leading edges only, stuffed in a 2.4 Rx, and by gum, it's a fantastic VTPR plane :clap: .. Video (short :( ) may follow... :cool: (including how to slip on Irish mud whilst doing body English to VTPR)..

Thanks guys, and yes, the Le Fish has been available through LEG since 2006, and in the near future, there will be an option to get the "SwissFish" version. The lightening holes don't save that much weight on the 66" version, but they do look kinda cool, especially against a sunset background. Kinda harkens back to the good ole days of the crunchie gasbag floaters I started with.

Steve

Woodstock said:

There is one alternative - and that's the Telink Multifun. I got mine down out of the rafters after seeing what these crazy people were doing, added a few inches of laminating film to leading edges only, stuffed in a 2.4 Rx, and by gum, it's a fantastic VTPR plane :clap: .. Video (short
:(
) may follow... :cool: (including how to slip on Irish mud whilst doing body English to VTPR)..

The Telink does look promising, I've felt that way ever since first seeing it. Last week I contacted a Telink importer here about bringing a few Multifun kits over with his next order. Will look forward to giving it a go.

Also, Windrider is coming out with a new 2.2m Swift S-1 in the near future. It will be EPO (not ideal for crashworthiness) but it's big enough that, so long as it's light, it could work nicely for this type of flying. I've offered to test a kit for Ming and provide feedback... he said he'd let me know when it's ready :)

Steve

Gonesoaring2003 said:

"body English to VTPR"is this the 21st century irish jig?

If it isn't, it should be !

Just a short clip of my Black Hill walk .Light wind DS with a Weasel. A bit of luck (or masterful piloting)at the end of the clip.