Slope and DS videos

Skip

cliffhanger

Nah, it wasn't the best of days- misty as can be seen and a light to moderate wind- didn't know Andy was filming that much.

Anyway how are you Mark- haven't seen you for a while, the forcast is not much cop for the weekend with light winds. Time to catch up with repairs!

nucleardwarf

I'm well Rog, hope I find you on top form like your flying.

Sorted the damage to the Acacia (wing split along leading edge and tail snapped off) and ready to maiden! :D Hope to see you soon on the slopes Roger, need to glean some of those fancy aerobatics of yours mate.

Couple new ones from the past week and a half. Please do watch in HD and fullscreen for proper effect. Make sure you sound is turned on, too! :)

This one's been our most popular to date, over 500 views the first day, and over 1000 in the first two and a half days. Filmed this past Sunday at Ellwood Mesa:

This one from the weekend before last, not VTPR but shows the nice energy retention these planes have in almost no wind (it's about 12-15km/h here):

Cheers,

Steve

cliffhanger

Good stuff Steve. Particularly liked the second one, carving some nice upright/inverted moves. Plane ok after landing?

Ps got the tee shirt- thanks! gonna model it next time out. Wind conditions here gone very light for the next few days, oh for a Swiss cheese Le Fish!

Phil.Taylor

(for those that havent seen this elsewhere…)

There is a new "group" on Vimeo for slope soaring videos – its now got over 500 videos in the group – some from contributors on this forum. You could watch slope videos on there for days, and days…

vimeo.com/groups/rcslopesoaring/videos

Its been set up by Toni, a mod on the Spanish miliamperios.com RC forum – he wants it to be the biggest and best collection of slope soaring videos – friendly guy too. If you have any slope videos on Vimeo – just tag them as part of the group to add them in – more the merrier – lets make it huge!

Phil.

Oh yeah Rog, the plane was just fine after that landing… these things are actually really, really tough!! There's a good balance between the material strength and the weight, they are basically so light and fly so slow that they can't really hurt themselves very easily.

Glad the shirt arrived, that didn't take so horribly long I suppose.

Thanks for the nice words Chris… we are having a lot of fun! And the best part is Michael Richter has gotten really excited about this kind of plane. The future looks bright, like sun glinting off the skin of a freshly molded EPP glider… :)

Steve

Right, I've just got my first ever video "camera", a keyfob thingy off fleabay. Does anyone know how to remove the date and time that shows up on my recordings?

Thanks