Slope and DS videos

Skip

Thanks very much guys :D !

Yeah, much happier with the results now, but a "proper" camera will have to be budgeted for sometime I suppose .... JUst don't know where to start..

Mike, I think you need to turn your screen upside-down - it'll look much better that way...

isoaritfirst said:

Looks much better now in right format – couldn't decide if it did look a little fast at the start or not, check the frame rates to be sure, to be sure…

I think it's correct. Those tight horizontal "loops" have to be done at a fair turn of speed, or you sort of drop outta the sky TBH... (and that doesn't look so good on video :( ..)

Woodstock said:

This slope is on the opposite side of Tralee town to the slope for the "Voltij at Sleive Mish" video: you can actually see this slope over on the far right on that video.

Chris, looks like you kept this slope a secret from us Kerry F3f'ers earlier this yr

Gromit said:

Chris, looks like you kept this slope a secret from us Kerry F3f'ers earlier this yr.

I was trying to keep closer to where you were camped (plus there wasn't a whole lot of listening to my advice going on anyway)…

Woodstock said:

I was trying to keep closer to where you were camped (plus there wasn't a whole lot of listening to my advice going on anyway)…

Oh, you mean the 'elusive edge chase' :confused: :D .

Look forward to seeing more of your vids, showing your great slope sites & the beautifull Irish scenery :cool:

Perhaps you could keep the model the right way up next time though ;) .

Gromit said:

Woodstock said:

Gromit said:

Perhaps you could keep the model the right way up next time though :cool: .

Hmmm, I dunno, I haven't got to the page in my instruction manual about flying the right way up yet (plus I also haven't a clue why this changed over to italics??? I'm always hitting the wrong buttons on my keyboard…)

Looks great Geoff! Big Andy and me were due up today (Sunday) but his broken toe is still playing up so we've dibbed out. Shame as the conditions are looking similar if a bit lighter today- I'll just have to content myself with Rhossili! Aaahh!

Glad I read the forum this morning (Sun). I was going to go up the Skirrid again today to meet you guys. Hope Andy's toe gets better soon.

My first HD video - Voltij on my local Devon slope yesterday. 20-25mph wind, bumpy, not a big-lift slope, ok for soaring but not so good for continuous aeros. Camera is a Canon S95 compact. Sighting device needs ajusting for the new camera - plane to low in the frame - easily sorted.

Music by Santana - "El Farol"

Phil.

GeoffN said:

Glad I read the forum this morning (Sun). I was going to go up the Skirrid again today to meet you guys. Hope Andy's toe gets better soon.

That :censored: toe is costing me a lot of flying time for such a small thing,serves me right for being such a clumsy lardarse i s'pose :confused:

Compared to misfortunes suffered by some of the other guys on here mine's but a scratch,come to think of it,not even a scratch :(

Thanks Chris - btw - the camera was set to "50mm" (35mm equiv) - you can actually choose continuous zoom or marked steps on that camera - may try it wider and longer this afternoon

Phil.

Good stuff!

Especially impressed with the quality of your #11 key fob camera.(Mine is good but not that good!). IMO that was just as good as a Gopro for a fraction of the cost and weight.

I assume it was yourself that landed it? wink.gif Smoooth.

Here is the video I shooted during the competition of the 20/21 of August in the south Vercors. i used a GoPro mounted on a 3m boom, and my panasonic FZ100 bridge. I wanted to share the feeling we can have flying such extreme slope site. I hope you will like !

Cheers,

Pierre

slope_dragon_x

That is absolutely beautiful Pierre. But it raises some questions :D

- how do you get up to the flying site?

- where is the land out zone?

- who was the first person to risk their F£X model?