F3F Personal Best (Pb) Times - Record Yours Here!

simon_t

1 hour ago, f3fman said:

A touch and go nullifies the flight, unless they have changed the rules in recent years   !  

Dont think that applies in F3F David.....as at least one of the flights in the world champs clipped the grass which is the same thing 

13 minutes ago, Andy_B said:

Dont think that applies in F3F David.....as at least one of the flights in the world champs clipped the grass which is the same thing 

Hi, I'm John Bennett, not David.

I certainly can't find anything in the current rules, I also can't  anything about being disqualified for touching the sighting equipment and we had this happen in the rather hot Portugal Viking race in 2000.

We'll let Greg off then shall we - hahahaha

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, f3fman said:

I certainly can't find anything in the current rules, I also can't  anything about being disqualified for touching the sighting equipment and we had this happen in the rather hot Portugal Viking race in 2000.

We'll let Greg off then shall we - hahahaha

Sorry John.............brain holiday .....................

• Haha 2

Baldyslapnut

Hi John,

Is your PB still the time you set at the HoH in the late 80's with your Elispse 1? Driving back on Saturday with Dave Woods we recounted how I did a 34.40 to get close to the World Record and you beat me with the very next flight.

Anyway 30 years later with a much better plane I have finally gone faster than my old PB.

Greg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baldyslapnut said:

Hi John,

Is your PB still the time you set at the HoH in the late 80's with your Elispse 1? Driving back on Saturday with Dave Woods we recounted how I did a 34.40 to get close to the World Record and you beat me with the very next flight.

Anyway 30 years later with a much better plane I have finally gone faster than my old PB.

Greg

Yes Greg,  I nearly beat it in 1998 at VR in Wales with the Ellipes2, with the famous cut, but indeed the Ellipse 1 time has remained my fastest time for all these years !!  😞

Stefan Bertschi
17 hours ago, f3fman said:

A touch and go nullifies the flight, unless they have changed the rules in recent years   !  

Please don't start this discussion.... 

I can remember an episode during the WC in Denmark when a "Touch and Go" and a protest from a team manager afterwards (something about missing parts on the plane after the touch...) led to a massive tantrum of the affected pilot (no clue who he was......😎).

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Baldyslapnut said:

Still a great time and set in 1988 I think.

Greg

I remembering launching into sink and struggling to stay above the hill during the 30 seconds countdown, then as I approached "zero" I hit a massive thermal and off it went. Nic Wright was on a base and said I was nailing the turns his end.   I think my "british pilot" record held until VR 98 when Simon Thornton beat it.

I do keep thinking of getting a newer F3F model and looking for another thermal  :-)  :-)

• Like 2

Baldyslapnut

John,

It would be great to have you at the comps. Two of the guys that fly in F5B have started doing the the Winter League at the Mynd. They love the atmosphere and how friendly it is. You know you will have a great time.

Greg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baldyslapnut said:

John,

It would be great to have you at the comps

Agreed!!  The Nats is at Eastbourne this year....

• Like 2

SilentPilot
On 11/03/2019 at 20:33, f3fman said:

Isn’t the sighting equipment behind the safety line? Touching the equipment would therefore mean you crossed the line, though I’m unsure what the penalty is for doing so... 

3 hours ago, SilentPilot said:

Isn’t the sighting equipment behind the safety line? Touching the equipment would therefore mean you crossed the line, though I’m unsure what the penalty is for doing so... 

Yes , these days "The sighting device used for judging the turns must be placed in a safe position."

If you cross the safety line you have 100 points deducted from your score.

If you hit a person in the safe area you have 1000 points deducted from your score.

Baldyslapnut

I think the guys who saw my flight will agree my comment about a touch and go was tongue in cheek. However, it has prompted a clarification of the rules.

Greg

• Like 1

I remember hitting the grass on the crest with my first (yellow) caldera .putting in a quite aggressively flown 34 .xx seems so long ago !!!! Base b buzzer man dived outta the way i seem to re-call ..!!! lol....fly it like ya stole it !!

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/11/2018 at 12:45, Redbird said:

My best is                40.15 with Rotmilan in R5 of WWL1 on 17-11-2018 at Blwch, Crest

Bruce Hudson

Thanks.

Down a bit to 38.16s in R9 at WWL5, 17/3/2019 on Mickeys, West, with Freestyler 4.

Cheers. 

• Like 6

My best is 47.18 recorded in the 7th round of the 4th SWL at White Sheet on Morgans on the 10/03/2018 flying the orange McMeekin Falcon.

Full ballast and still far too light. Looked into tungsten ballast set but it was going to cost half what the aeroplane cost in the first place, so that was never happening!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, wookman said:

My best is 47.18 recorded in the 7th round of the 4th SWL at White Sheet on Morgans on the 10/03/2018 flying the orange McMeekin Falcon.

Full ballast and still far too light. Looked into tungsten ballast set but it was going to cost half what the aeroplane cost in the first place, so that was never happening!

Make some lead ballast up