F3F Personal Best (Pb) Times - Record Yours Here!

simon_t

Paulupton said:

Hi Simon,On your next update please can you put me down for a 36.10, last round of the HOH winter league just gone.Chuffed, managed 3 times under my previous PB.

Cheers

Paul

Well done Paul well deserved.

f3fman said:

And chime in I certainly will .....Unfortunately I don't think I ever held the World Record with my 34.24 (or was it 34.42), but held the "fastest UK pilot" record for many years until you (Simon) beat it in 1998 VR Wales.Having beaten my PB about 3 flights in a row I launched into sink with virtually no climb out, thinking it was going to be a terrible run I entered the course just as a thermal arrived on the course, flew the course very tight, and haven't beaten the time since :confused: ... although came close in VR98 in wales with the famous 34.x flight with a cut and loop recovery. (See Kevs videos)

I just hope my thumbs don't deteriorate as quickly as my brain cell! I knew it was either 34.xx or 36.xx.

Apologies for underselling your long held UK record. Anyway, my main point was that we need to watch out for an upcoming Mr. Upton... :clap:

Simon

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

I have fixed it.

The forum software change caused a few problems and you will find some threads with missing images / smilies. I am going through them but it takes a while.

(Austin: leave it to me I'll dig out the latest spreadsheet and re-publish when I get a chance)

Simon

Hi Simon, I will set your permissions so you can edit the first post in this thread as it might also benefit having the current spreadsheet there. It will save having to go through all the posts to find the latest version. If editing doesn't work please pm me and let me know.

Austin

Hi Simon

Can you please update my time when you get chance. 32.90 at the last winter league. I take it that my crow through 32.71 doesn't count :(

Cheers

Joel

Hi Simon

Can you please update my time when you get chance. 32.90 at the last winter league. I take it that my crow through 32.71 doesn't count :(

Cheers

Joel

Done - unfortunately it didn't change your position in the table, but a damned good time

Simon

• 1 month later...
isoaritfirst

Yep Well flown Tom - and congratulations on a great time. There were several times when I was heard to say that the Xenon was looking good, Very neat and smooth.

So was Paul's Race M. :)

Thanks for the kind words guys much appreciated :) Don't know why but before the run I decided to switch on my rudder to aileron mix which I have been experimenting with. It makes the roll to inverted fractionally quicker and seems to exit the turn better so that it tracks straight point to point with less corrections required.

Nice one Tom. I was buzzing on A and willing you not to balls it up :P And you certainly didn't, sometimes it gets a whole lot easier when you get a nice bit of air, well done :clap:

I shaved 2 tenths of my pb too with a 32.15... Should have been better though, the speed through the middle was really good, I just got a bit chicken and made sure I was past the bases... And I was also not wanting to upstage Rocket Ronnie of course with his blistering 31.xx!

• Like 1

isoaritfirst

Aint that the truth Pete - as PB's get faster they get harder to better.

When PB are around the 32 mark they will win comps for you - so going for the PB becomes less of the concern more a case of safe guarding some great air.

So now you have that Xenon sorted it looks like you need to get your Cyril up and running Tom.

Had Pete's been all shiny and new it would have been a 30.xx

Nice one Tom. I was buzzing on A and willing you not to balls it up :P And you certainly didn't, sometimes it gets a whole lot easier when you get a nice bit of air, well done :clap:

Wondered why the Xenon was auto turning on base A :D I just thought Pengy's Magic had rubbed off on me when he was chatting to me before the run.

I shaved 2 tenths of my pb too with a 32.15... Should have been better though, the speed through the middle was really good, I just got a bit chicken and made sure I was past the bases... And I was also not wanting to upstage Rocket Ronnie of course with his blistering 31.xx!

Well done Peter, :clap: kept you ahead of that young upstart Paul ;)