simon_t

F3F Personal Best (Pb) Times - Record Yours Here!

oipigface
7 hours ago, wookman said:

It is lead Andy. The snag is there is only room for 550g of the stuff.

Could you use the joiner, or is it solid? Another route might be to add ballast boxes to the wings.

wookman

Hi OPF.

We are in antique 3 piece wing territory here so that is not really a goer.

What I should do is the refurb on the Extreme which has a hollow joiner and two piece wing and a sewer pipe of a ballast tube!

Zim

Just reading through this, and I have to say I am stunned at how fast F3F has become in recent years - and so many guys that I remember flying with getting right down to near 30 second times! Well done chaps - quite remarkable - and low 30s times set on the Long Mynd - what on earth has happened? New models, new styles, or has everyone just turned into a bit of  Jedi?

Z

oipigface
2 minutes ago, Zim said:

Just reading through this, and I have to say I am stunned at how fast F3F has become in recent years - and so many guys that I remember flying with getting right down to near 30 second times! Well done chaps - quite remarkable - and low 30s times set on the Long Mynd - what on earth has happened? New models, new styles, or has everyone just turned into a bit of  Jedi?

Z

New models, mostly. Wing section design has really changed in the last few years - so much so that asking ‘what’s the wing section?’ is no longer a sensible question.

Nice to hear that you’re back in action, Zim!

Zim

Hey John - wouldn't call it back in action just yet! But it's good to catch up and see what all of your exploits have been :-)

Maxscotland

Super fast day on East Lomond hill, Fife yesterday, in our Scottish F3F Nationals.

Managed a new pb of 33.70   :) with my Jedi.

Would have been my first FTD as well until my (previously) good friend Mike, beat it with a 33.67  😭............

• Like 5

Ian Falconer

Hi all

My new personal best was at white sheet hill in the English open  of 36.99. Fastest time of the weekend 

• Like 1