simon_t

F3F Personal Best (Pb) Times - Record Yours Here!

oipigface
7 hours ago, wookman said:

It is lead Andy. The snag is there is only room for 550g of the stuff.

Could you use the joiner, or is it solid? Another route might be to add ballast boxes to the wings.

wookman

Hi OPF.

We are in antique 3 piece wing territory here so that is not really a goer.

What I should do is the refurb on the Extreme which has a hollow joiner and two piece wing and a sewer pipe of a ballast tube!

Zim

Just reading through this, and I have to say I am stunned at how fast F3F has become in recent years - and so many guys that I remember flying with getting right down to near 30 second times! Well done chaps - quite remarkable - and low 30s times set on the Long Mynd - what on earth has happened? New models, new styles, or has everyone just turned into a bit of  Jedi?

Z

oipigface
2 minutes ago, Zim said:

Just reading through this, and I have to say I am stunned at how fast F3F has become in recent years - and so many guys that I remember flying with getting right down to near 30 second times! Well done chaps - quite remarkable - and low 30s times set on the Long Mynd - what on earth has happened? New models, new styles, or has everyone just turned into a bit of  Jedi?

Z

New models, mostly. Wing section design has really changed in the last few years - so much so that asking ‘what’s the wing section?’ is no longer a sensible question.

Nice to hear that you’re back in action, Zim!

Zim

Hey John - wouldn't call it back in action just yet! But it's good to catch up and see what all of your exploits have been :-)

Maxscotland

Super fast day on East Lomond hill, Fife yesterday, in our Scottish F3F Nationals.

Managed a new pb of 33.70   :) with my Jedi.

Would have been my first FTD as well until my (previously) good friend Mike, beat it with a 33.67  😭............

• Like 5

Ian Falconer

Hi all

My new personal best was at white sheet hill in the English open  of 36.99. Fastest time of the weekend 

• Like 1

Witch_1

Hi all,

A British PBs table has now been created on the Great Britain Slope Racing Association (GBSRA) website under the "Contests" menu.  It includes the times notified to date. 

http://www.gbsra.co.uk/f3f-personal-best-times

I have agreed to periodically update this, so do continue to post improvements to your PB on this thread and provide your name, model, date, event, and slope.

For new or occasional F3F fliers the first challenge is to beat 45s to get onto the table - give it a go!

Nigel

• Like 1

wookman

Nigel.

I count myself lucky to beat 50 secs, I can only dream of making the list!

Witch_1

I know how you feel, been there myself, but a good winter league comp or two can help a lot.

Brett82
1 hour ago, Witch_1 said:

For new or occasional F3F fliers the first challenge is to beat 45s to get onto the table

Hi Mike

Firstly, awesome for agreeing to do this mate.

Secondly, do you really need to beat 45 seconds to get onto the table? I thought it was simply a table to record your PB, no matter what that may be.

I see the incentive to push yourself to beat 45 sec, but for newbies, isn't it just nice to get your name on the list?

Brett

Witch_1

It will not be practical to enter all F3F entrants onto the list, so some kind of a threshold is needed.  On the previous sheet only  one time over 45s was noted,  so that seemed a reasonable threshold.   I will check opinions at a comp or two.

• Like 1

Brett82

No problem buddy, that makes sense. I was just wondering if I had missed something because my first ever time on the list was a 50 odd.

Setting a threshold to make it manageable makes sense. 

wookman

As the old song goes, If you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true?

oipigface
13 hours ago, wookman said:

Nigel.

I count myself lucky to beat 50 secs, I can only dream of making the list!

Come on,Graham. You know you can do it!

wookman

A sage once said "you are flying fast enough, you are just flying too far".

Stefan Bertschi

Just wondering why I dropped out of the list (made the 45 Sec treshold). I know I'm not a resident but a member of GBSRA.

Cheers

• Sad 1

Baldyslapnut

Hi Stefan, 

There are a number of people missed of the list. I am sure if you  stake your claim it will get updated.

Regards

Greg

Witch_1

Hi Stefan

As we are now publishing the list slightly more formally, it has been a challenge to set criteria that will keep the list meaningful and consistent in the longer term, and primarily focussed on the GBR scene.  But yes, overseas fliers who are regular members of GBSRA should of course be included, so it is now updated.

Regards

Nigel

• Thanks 1

Stefan Bertschi

Cheer Nigel