F3F Personal Best (Pb) Times - Record Yours Here!

simon_t

wookman
On 23/03/2019 at 19:06, wookman said:

My best is 47.18 recorded in the 7th round of the 4th SWL at White Sheet on Morgans on the 10/03/2018 flying the orange McMeekin Falcon.

Full ballast and still far too light. Looked into tungsten ballast set but it was going to cost half what the aeroplane cost in the first place, so that was never happening!

Posted a new PB of 45.99 in round 3 of the BMFA summer league at Long Mynd on 08/08/2021 flying the RTG Extreme.

Then went quicker again in the last round.

Posted another new PB of 43.5 in round 6 of the BMFA summer league at Long Mynd on 08/08/2021 flying the RTG Extreme.

The above combined with not posting a time above 50.75 means I was very happy I made the trip.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

oipigface
7 hours ago, wookman said:

Posted a new PB of 45.99 in round 3 of the BMFA summer league at Long Mynd on 08/08/2021 flying the RTG Extreme.

Posted another new PB of 43.5 in round 6 of the BMFA summer league at Long Mynd on 08/08/2021 flying the RTG Extreme.

The above combined with not posting a time above 50.75 means I was very happy I made the trip.

Well done, Graham! Sub-40 beckons.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wookman said:

Nice to meet you there 👍

Congrats on your PB, I admired your smooth flying and nice lines 👏

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to the EO now.

I guess you and George will not be down for that one Peter!

• 2 weeks later...

At this weekends English Open I watched other fliers getting some 'good air' and waited with everything crossed that I would get in on the action.

It didn't seem to be coming my way, until round #9 when all of the planets aligned and the thermal gods smiled on me. From launch I knew that the air was good and couldn't get off and back on course quick enough.

The Shinto was finally on the step and I managed a 43.89 to win the round and achieve 3rd quickest of the day.

Now I've got the taste for it I will definitely be back for more.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, DDM said:

At this weekends English Open I watched other fliers getting some 'good air' and waited with everything crossed that I would get in on the action.

It didn't seem to be coming my way, until round #9 when all of the planets aligned and the thermal gods smiled on me. From launch I knew that the air was good and couldn't get off and back on course quick enough.

The Shinto was finally on the step and I managed a 43.89 to win the round and achieve 3rd quickest of the day.

Now I've got the taste for it I will definitely be back for more.

I was next to fly after you Dave. It’s all very well being gifted good air, but you have to have the technique and skill to exploit it. You did that brilliantly, and it was great to watch.👍

• Like 1